The 30th Century is a period of time spanning exactly one-hundred years from the year 2901-3000.
The 30th Century is primarily identified as the height of the galactic federation known as the United Planets. The United Planets was a coalition of worlds that encompassed hundreds of planets within the Milky Way Galaxy and even a few outside the known galaxy. The 30th Century is also the time of the original Legion of Super-Heroes. Following the events of Zero Hour, time was rewritten and the original 30th Century lore was restructured.
In the Post-Zero Hour environment, the Legion of Super-Heroes did not become an active team until the 31st Century, though nearly all of them were born in the 30th century.
- While time is known to be fluid, it has always been understood that the Pre-Zero Hour 30th Century was the definitive future reality of Earth-One.[original research?] This was confirmed during the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
- During Infinite Crisis, an interregnum reality was created dubbed Earth-247. Earth-247 reflected the time era of the original 30th Century Legion of Super-Heroes. This reality, along with all of the others created by Alexander Luthor, ceased to exist at the end of Infinite Crisis. Presumably, the 247 designation is a reference to Adventure Comics #247 - the first appearance of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
Links and References
- Legion of Super-Heroes at Wikipedia.org
- Legion of Super-Heroes Wiki
- Legion of Super-Heroes Online Companion
- Legion of Super-Heroes Reference File
- Major Spoiler's Hero History Collection
- Legion of Super-Heroes Clubhouse
- Legion of Super-Heroes index at Cosmic Teams
- Legion of Super-Heroes at TV Tropes
- Legion of Super-Links
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.