- This wasn't in the records! This wasn't supposed to happen! Save him!
- -- Skeets
Appearing in "Outshined"
Synopsis for "Outshined"
Booster defaces a picture of Supernova on the cover of the latest NewsTime magazine.
Hoping to reclaim his heroic status, Booster quizzes Skeets on incidents that should be occurring that day, at least according to the historical record. One catches Booster's attention: a submarine crash will occur in the middle of the city. Sure enough, a massive ocean creature has carried a submarine down the streets of Metropolis.
In a prison in Kahndaq, guards arrive at Renee Montoya's cell and take her away to be beaten, hoping she might confess to the murders of five men actually killed by Intergang. As she is taken past the Question's cell, she is distraught to see that he is missing. He is merely hiding, however, and creates a distraction that allows Montoya to take out the guards and free them both.
Back in Metropolis, Clark Kent has a fellow reporter do some quick research to learn that the sea monster is known as Ballostro. He races out to cover the story. Booster is already on the scene, but isn't have much success fighting the monster. Getting frustrated, Booster tries tearing out a power line from a nearby elevated train platform, resulting in a massive blackout across the city. Supernova arrives on the scene, lights the way for panicked bystanders and teleports the monster away. Aggravated by the heckling of bystanders and jealous of Supernova, Booster throws himself at the mysterious hero. As they're brawling, Skeets brings to their attention that the the nuclear submarine's engines have been damaged and that there is a high possiblity that it will explode. Booster, in a desparate attempt to prove himself, extends his forcefield around the vessel and lifts it high into the sky, allowing the explosion to occur out of harm's way. Booster, however, does not survive the blast.
Appearing in "The Origin of Steel"
- Superman (cameo)
Synopsis for "The Origin of Steel"
The origin of John Henry Irons is revealed.
- This issue shipped on August 16th, 2006.
- The ticker-tape at the bottom of the cover reads, "Supernova Up Close! Can we trust him?... Behind Bars with The Question!... Metropolis Attacked!..."
- Booster Gold appearances list
- Question appearances list
- Renée Montoya appearances list
- Skeets appearances list
- Superman appearances list
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss 52 Vol 1 15 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the 52 series
- Images from 52 Vol 1 15
Links and References
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database