- If we're still alive, it's only because he wants to take us somewhere nice and dark and quiet where he can skin us alive and eat us in comfort.
- -- Adam Strange
Appearing in "Last of the Czarnians"
- The "American Dream Team" (see Notes, below)
Synopsis for "Last of the Czarnians"
Lex Luthor goes over a video that was put together to showcase his new team of heroes created by the Everyman Project and discusses their upcoming publicity appearances. The new heroes express their desire for code names. Speedster Eliza Harmon, who has become reliant on the drug known as Sharp, expresses her distaste with Luthor and storms out.
The Warbird has landed on a large asteroid, and the three heroes aboard discuss their bleak chances of rescue.
Starfire and Animal Man discuss their feelings about destiny and the immensity of space, but their conversation is cut short by an attack from Devilance, who has pursued them into the asteroid field. His attack, however, is cut short when Lobo appears and kills him. Starfire works out a deal with the bounty hunter, in which he will guide them to safety, and the heroes will help him with his troubles.
The battered form of a dismembered Red Tornado comes online in front of a small group of aborigines in the Australian Outback, uttering the number "52".
Appearing in "The Origin of Lobo"
Synopsis for "The Origin of Lobo"
The origin of Lobo is revealed.
- This issue shipped on August 30th, 2006.
- The new team of heroes created and guided by Lex Luthor is referred to here as the "American Dream Team"; however, they get a new name in Week 21.
- The cover to this issue is a mock-up of the cover originally used for 52 Week One.
- Adam Strange appearances list
- Animal Man appearances list
- Starfire appearances list
- Everyman Project
- Infinity, Inc.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss 52 Vol 1 17 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the 52 series
- Images from 52 Vol 1 17
Links and References
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database