"Liminal Times": Day 1:
- Happy Halloween, Judeo-Christians!
- -- Osiris
Appearing in "Liminal Times"
- Bruno Mannheim
- Chang Tzu (First appearance)
- Felix Faust (Flashback and main story) (As the Helm of Fate)
- T.O. Morrow
- Captain Marvel (Mentioned only)
- Stargirl (Mentioned only)
- Obsidian (Mentioned only)
- Jade (Mentioned only)
- Bous3dra (First appearance)
- Choronzon (Flashback only)
- Count Marisius (First appearance)
- Etrigan (Flashback only)
- Justice League of America (Flashback only)
- Klarion and Teekl (Flashback only)
- Neron (Flashback only)
- Tala (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Liminal Times"
In New York, a bank robbery during the Halloween Parade by Icicle and Tigress is stopped by Infinity, Inc., along with their newest member, Matrix. Nearby, Alan Scott talks to Michael Holt about his offer to join Checkmate.
On Oolong Island, Will Magnus angrily tells T.O. Morrow that he refuses to work for Intergang. Meanwhile, Mannheim arrives on the island, where he is informed by Chang Tzu that the Four Horsemen, weapons for use in Kahndaq, are ready.
Appearing in "The Origin of Nightwing"
Synopsis for "The Origin of Nightwing"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This book was first published on October 25, 2006.
- In Week 24, Icicle is among the candidates for the new Suicide Squad, suggesting he's currently incarcerated. He may have just recently escaped, as he is free to attempt a bank robbery in this issue.
- In this issue, Icicle and Tigress rob a back called "1st Wheeler-Nicholson," a reference to Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson, the man who founded National Periodical Publications, which would later become DC Comics, in 1935.
- About the characters appearing at Bruno Mannheim's gathering of Gotham criminals:
- Lamelle and Rawson appeared in Detective Comics #515.
- Magpie appeared in Man of Steel #3 and Batman #401.
- Sewer King's first comic book appearance is in this issue; the character originated on Batman: The Animated Series.
- The Squid appeared, and was killed, in Detective Comics #524, an event that was apparently retconned by Infinite Crisis to allow for his appearance here, if not an editorial mistake.
- Mirage first appeared in Detective Comics #511.
- Kite-Man first appeared in Batman #133.
- The villian seated to the right of Sewer King is not identified. Greg Rucka's novelization lists several other criminals present: "Silk" Jefferson, John "The Butcher" Morgan, Ginjer Bread and Carl "Junior" Grissom, all of whom are unique to the novel.
- As might be expected, this issue shows us that superheroes are popular inspirations for Halloween costumes in the DC Universe. Among the trick-or-treaters can be seen a lil' Flash, a lil' Frankenstein, a lil' Captain Marvel, a lil' Wonder Woman, a lil' Black Lightening and a lil' Supergirl.
- The ticker-tape at the bottom of the cover reads, "Goblins, Ghouls and Green Lantern!... Meet the Crime Lord of Gotham!... Death of Kite Man... "
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss 52 Vol 1 25 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the 52 series
- Images from 52 Vol 1 25
Links and References
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database