"Halfway House": Day 1
- You gave us the gift of your friendship, you saved my wedding day... but most of all, you returned my brother to me...
- -- Isis
Appearing in "Halfway House"
- Science Squad
- Suspendium Globe
- Bug Baron's Bug-O-Tron
Synopsis for "Halfway House"
Black Adam, Isis and Osiris bring the Question and Renée Montoya to Nanda Parbat. They say their goodbyes and leave the two with Aristotle Rodor and Richard Dragon. Dragon says something cryptic to Montoya, and the Question quips that "class is now in session".
In Metropolis, John Henry Irons appears on the Jack Ryder program, "You Are Wrong". Ryder poses an issue of accountability as it relates to the failed attempt to reform the JLA. Irons points the finger of blame at Lex Luthor. Ryder brings Irons' daughter, Natasha, on the show as a surprise guest. As leader of the new Infinity, Inc., Natasha proudly advocates Luthor's Everyman Project.
At Sivana Mansion, Junior and Georgia fool around with their father's Suspendium Globe. Suddenly, Waverider appears in the center of the globe. He disappears just as quickly in a brilliant flash of energy. Theie stepmother, Venus, calls them up to greet their dinner guests – the Black Marvel Family. The siblings race upstairs, unaware that a reptilian intruder is skulking about in the shadows.
Venus is ecstatic to meet them, and vainly announces that she has donated twenty million dollars to Kahndaq’s Children’s Hospital. Everyone sits down in a lavish dining chamber where they are attended to by robotic servants.
On Oolong Island, the assembled members of the Science Squad scurry about when they discover that a new scientist has joined the group – a woman! Veronica Cale has arrived to help them with their recombinant DNA issues and the Four Horseman project. Most of the assemblage are uncomfortable in the presence of such a woman.
Back at Sivana Mansion, a large crocodile man bursts into the dining hall and rips through the table. It devours the fully cooked turkey, then charges through the wall into the courtyard outside. Osiris meets the creature, who is now trembling and scared. It claims to be one of Doctor Sivana's experiments. Kind-hearted Osiris decides to befriend the monster.
Appearing in "The Origin of Hawkman and Hawkgirl"
- Chay-Ara (Cameo)
- Cinnamon (Cameo)
- Khufu (Cameo)
- Nighthawk (Cameo)
- Silent Knight (Cameo)
- Hawkgirl (Shiera Sanders) (Cameo)
Synopsis for "The Origin of Hawkman and Hawkgirl"
In ancient Egypt, Hawkman and Hawkgirl were once known as Prince Khufu Kha-Tar and Princess Chay-Ara. An evil sorcerer named Hath-Set murdered them and their spirits have been reincarnated time and again across the ages. The lovers eventually found one another once again, and have worked together to bring justice to the streets of St. Roch.
- This issue shipped on November 1st, 2006.
- First appearance of Sobek. He is not provided with an actual name however until week 27.
- This issue is rated V for "Violence Against Humanity".
- The ticker-tape that runs along the bottom edge of the cover reads, "Who are the Question's friends?... The Sivana Family: Beauties or Beasts?!?... You are Wrong
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss 52 Vol 1 26 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the 52 series
- Images from 52 Vol 1 26
Links and References
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database