- You're doing what you always do when faced with loss and guilt -- you've just changed the props you use -- a Gi instead of a bottle... a kick instead of a kiss.
Appearing in "Miracles & Wonders"
- Adam Strange
- Elongated Man
- Question (Vic Sage) (Behind the scenes)
- Renée Montoya
- Richard Dragon
- Starfire (Koriand'r)
- Mister Dewhurst
- Molek the Hunter (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Miracles & Wonders"
An alien known as Molek the Hunter comes upon the ship carrying Adam Strange and Starfire. He opens fire on them, causing significant damage to the vessel, but Adam manages to rocket away with Starfire in his arms. Fearing retaliation, Molek sets his own ship on self-destruct.
In Nanda Parbat Renee Montoya and Aristotle Rodor lament the passing of their close friend Vic "Charlie" Sage, aka the Question. Montoya tries to swallow her sadness and guilt by honing her martial arts. Richard Dragon trains with her, and criticizes her for not properly honoring Charlie's memory.
Ralph Dibny goes to the Haven Correctional Facility to visit Professor Milo. He consults with the security administrator Mister Dewhurst about the recent escape of several prisoners, including Professor T.O. Morrow. Upon visiting the paralytic Professor Milo, he finds that one of the wheels on his wheelchair is actually a mystical artifact known as the Silver Wheel of Nyorlath. It is the last item that Ralph needs in order to complete his plans.
Wonder Woman travels to Nanda Parbat in her civilian guise to re-evaluate her life, and some of the drastic choices she has to make recently. She meets Montoya and the two have a heartfelt discussion. Later, Montoya returns to the ice cave and lights a candle in memory of Charlie. The smoke from the candle takes the form of a question mark.
Adam Strange and Starfire pilot their damaged vessel to the planet Mogo where they crash-land into a lake. Green Lantern Opto309V observes their descent.
Appearing in "The Origin of Starfire"
Synopsis for "The Origin of Starfire"
The origin of Starfire is revealed in this story.
- This issue shipped on February 14th, 2007 (April by indicia).
- The demise of the Question is first revealed in this issue. The Question died following events that took place in 52 Week Thirty-Eight.
- The event that Wonder Woman speaks of is the murder of Maxwell Lord. She broke Max's neck in order to release his mental control over Superman in Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #219.
- As of this issue, Adam Strange and Starfire still believe that Animal Man is dead.
- The ticker-tape on the bottom of the cover reads, "The cold hard truth... Ralph takes the wheel... Mogo does socialize".
- Wonder Woman states that she is waiting for a friend, but there is no indication as to who this friend might be. 52 #47 reveals that she is talking about Bruce Wayne.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss 52 Vol 1 41 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the 52 series
- Images from 52 Vol 1 41
Links and References
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database