Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Dream of America": Day 1
- Someone thinks we saw something that humans weren't meant to see, and he told me they've put out a contract... we're going to have every bounty hunter in the known universe on our tails.
- -- Adam Strange
Appearing in "Dream of America"
- Recent beneficiaries of Lex Luthor's Everyman Project (see Notes)
- Batwoman (First appearance as Batwoman) (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Dream of America"
Lex Luthor is holding a party in honor of the Everyman Project. Steel crashes the party and demands to know where Natasha is. She appears, but with new powers and a few new friends. Natasha defends Luthor, and she and Steel end up a major fistfight that ends with Steel being tossed into the Metropolis river.
On the unnamed planet where they have been stranded, Starfire, Adam Strange and Animal Man are being held captive by Devilance the Pursuer. They learn that he has been sent by unknown parties to hunt them down, apparently because they witnessed something they should not have during their fight in space in Infinite Crisis. They escape their captor and take his lance to power their ship. Devilance, caught up in one of his own traps, watches them leave.
The Question surprises Renée at a gay bar and, after beckoning her out into the alleyway, reveals the secret behind his "face." He then tells her that Gotham is being targeted... by Intergang. Batwoman looks on from above.
Appearing in "The History of the DCU (Part VIII of X)"
- The following characters appear in flashbacks
- Atom (both in and out of costume)
- Black Canary
- Captain Boomerang
- Doctor Light
- Elongated Man
- Flash (Barry Allen)
- Flash (Wally West)
- Green Arrow
- Green Lantern
- Jack Drake
- Jean Loring
- Martian Manhunter
- Tim Drake (Robin, not in costume)
- Sue Dibny
- Superman of Earth-Two
- Terry Long (Donna Troy's former husband)
- Wonder Woman
Synopsis for "The History of the DCU (Part VIII of X)"
- This issue shipped on July 6th, 2006.
- This issue is reprinted in the 52, Volume 1 trade paperback collection.
- The Everyman Project "heroes" who appear here are not formally identified in this issue. Their "civilian names" are given in Week 17; their code names, and offical team name, are given in Week 21.
- The character of Gerome McKenna is referred to as "Herakles" in this issue; however, he has a different code name by Week 21. This suggests that "Herakles" was an early code name that did not stick or was, as indicated by rough-sketch promotional materials, the original name that 52's writers assigned to him.
- Batwoman's "civilian identity" is not given until Week 11.
- Animal Man, Starfire and Adam Strange were at "the center of the universe," thus apparently assuring a bounty on their heads, in Infinite Crisis #6.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss 52 Vol 1 9 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the 52 series
- Images from 52 Vol 1 9
Links and References
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database