Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Aaron Helzinger is Amygdala, a hulking menace suffering from brain damage. When the power went out in Gotham during the Zero Year Helzinger was in surgery at Gotham General Hospital, the doctors argued over whether or not to pull him out of the operation. Before they could decide, Helzinger woke in a monstrous rage, smashing through a window. The surgeons had been operating on his amygdala when they were interrupted.
After jumping out the window Amygdala encountered and attacked a young Dick Grayson, who was out with a group of new friends, away from the visiting Haly's Circus. With Helzinger chasing them, Dick decided to make a defensive stand in order to give his friends time to get away. Luring Helzinger onto a rooftop, Dick jumped to the next one over, and unable to make it across the gap, Helzinger fell, unable to get back up.
- Aaron Helzinger was created by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle, first appearing in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Aaron Helzinger first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Resurrection Man (Volume 2) #6 by Kyle Higgins and Will Conrad.
- 12 Appearances of Aaron Helzinger (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Aaron Helzinger (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Aaron Helzinger (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Aaron Helzinger (Prime Earth)