Abigail Kent was an English woman from noble origins, who turned into an adventurer upon reaching adulthood. On hey voyages, she was kidnapped by pirates and was forced to adopt their lifestyle. Eventually, the pirates hijacked an honest sailor's ship and took the man prisoner. Abigail helped the man and released him, before escaping from the pirates with him. They swam to the nearest island of Costa Rica, where they were captured by natives, who performed a voodoo ritual on them, giving them strange tribal marks on their hands. Upon touching each other hands, Abigail and the sailor became Barracuda and Swordfish, two powerful beings.
Using their powers, Barracuda and Swordfish stopped several pirates until they were confronted by X'ult, a powerful being whose powers exceeded their own. X'ult was attracted to Barracuda and wanted to force her to become his partner, but his plans were always thwarted by the combined powers of Swordfish and Barracuda. Eventually, X'ult tried to trap them by freezing them in time, but he was engulfed by his own power and the three of them remained frozen for several decades until they were found in the Caribbean Sea and they were claimed by many nations as their own discovery. Barracuda was taken by the Russians and Swordfish worked together with Batman and Null to rescue her, but they were defeated by the recently released X'ult.
Barracuda was released by X'ult and she was forced to obey his commands. Under X'ult's control Barracuda was forced to fight Superman, Batman and Swordfish, although the efforts of the latter managed to free her from X'ult's control. Barracuda, Swordfish and X'ult were returned in time to the 18th Century after Superman created a time vortex to get rid of X'ult. Although the confrontation between them continued in the past, the outcome remains undisclosed.
- Transformation: As a result of her transformation, Barracuda gains the following abilities.
- Power Loss: Barracuda's transformation lasts for a limited amount of time, until she returns to her human form.
- This version of Barracuda, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Abigail Kent (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Abigail Kent (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Abigail Kent (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Abigail Kent (Earth-One)