- But look at me--I went toe-to-toe with the Batman. That's who I am.
- -- Mister Polka-Dot src
Abner Krill decided, for reasons unknown, to launch a crime wave based on spots and dots in Gotham City, where he inevitably came into conflict with Batman and Robin, the city's masked protectors. As the fearsome Mister Polka-Dot, he wore a bizarre costume covered in spots, the point of which soon became apparent - once removed from the costume, the spots could be used for a variety of purposes, creating deadly weapons and a bizarre escape vehicle. Perhaps surprisingly, he succeeded in capturing Robin, but Batman was nonetheless able to save his crime fighting partner and bring Krill's crime spree to an end. 
He returned some years later, undaunted, yet also lacking his gimmicks, with the spots on his costume merely decorative. Using a baseball bat, he assaulted Officer Foley of the Gotham City Police Department, causing him very minor injuries. He was then beaten badly by Harvey Bullock, who was sick of costumed villains in the city. The assault put the Polka Dot Man (as he now styled himself) in traction, and he filed a brutality suit against the police department which resulted in Bullock being forced to see a psychiatrist for some time. 
Later, Mister Polka-Dot joined a group of second-rate villains working for General Immortus. Immortus, with the help of Professor Milo, upgraded the villains powers and gadgets.  The group was undone when they were betrayed by Human Flame. Most were killed in the brutal battle, including Mister Polka-Dot. His head was squished after a manhole cover landed on him. 
- Controller Belt: Most, if not all, of Abner's dots are controlled by his belt which holds a universal controller.
- Flying Dot: Abner's getaway vehicles include a flying polka dot and a large floating sphere. These are concealed in the dots on his costume.
- Polka Dots: When attached to his costume, the dots are are connected to wiring in his costume, keeping them inert. Once removed, they would activate, enlarging in size and becoming various devices. These include buzz-saws dots, flare dots, and teleportation devices.
- 8 Appearances of Abner Krill (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Abner Krill (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Abner Krill (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Abner Krill (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."