Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States. His predecessor was James Buchanan and his successor was Andrew Johnson. He successfully led the country through its greatest internal crisis, the American Civil War, saving the Union and ending slavery, only to be assassinated as the war was over.
Before becoming the first Republican elected to the Presidency, Lincoln was a lawyer, an Illinois state legislator, a member of the United States House of Representatives, and twice an unsuccessful candidate for election to the Senate.
On April 14th, 1865, President Lincoln attended the play Our American Cousin at Ford's Theater in Washington, D.C.. A confederate spy named John Wilkes Booth crept up behind the President and aimed a single-shot, round-slug 0.44 caliber Henry Deringer at his head, firing at point-blank range. The President was taken across the street from the theater to the Petersen House, where he lay in a coma for nine hours before dying.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- This character is a fictional representation of Abraham Lincoln, a real person. More information on this person can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 32 Appearances of Abraham Lincoln (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Abraham Lincoln (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Abraham Lincoln (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Abraham Lincoln (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: