Ace was one of five children that were kidnapped from their homes and placed in a government-funded facility where they were trained to use their powers for the purpose of being used as weapons. During their late teens, the Joker freed the children and formed them into the Royal Flush Gang team, using four of its team members as interference to prevent the Justice League from defusing all the bombs he had set up in Las Vegas, while using Ace to manipulate the minds of those watching the Justice League in action on television. The Joker claimed that he was immune to Ace's influence because he was already insane, but Batman revealed that the Joker used a neural blocker headband which he removed, enabling Ace to manipulate the Joker's mind to the point of incapacitating him.
Ace escaped, but over time her mental powers have increased to the point where she could alter reality. She created a new version of the Royal Flush Gang for them to be her playmates, but instead they chose to battle it out with the Justice League while she holed herself up in a fortress created in a city park, feeling sad and forlorn for the childhood that was taken from her. Amanda Waller of Project Cadmus came onto the scene with the report that with Ace's death, she could create such a psychic backlash that would kill everyone within a distance of miles from her. Batman volunteered to be the one who would use a special device Waller gave him to kill Ace before she died. However, as Batman entered the fortress by Ace's will to let him enter, he chose not to use the device, but instead talked with her and comforted her, letting her know he knows how it felt to lose a childhood. Ace then caused everything she changed with her mind revert back to its original appearance before she died, being carried by a mournful Batman.
- Illusion Casting: Although seemingly harmless by her catatonic appearance, Ace was able to manipulate people's minds simply just by staring at them (whether directly or through any form of visual technology) and drive them to the point of insanity, creating powerful and realistic hallucinations in the minds of her victims.
- Reality Alteration: Near the point of her death, her powers evolved, resulting in her being able to mentally alter reality.
- This version of Ace was voiced by Hynden Walch.
- 5 Appearances of Ace of Clubs (DCAU)
- 3 Images featuring Ace of Clubs (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Ace of Clubs (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Ace of Clubs (DCAU)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Expression error: Unexpected > operator.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Royal Flush Gang member |