Achilles is a hero in Greek mythology who was later elevated to demigod status. He is one of several figures who give power to Captain Marvel, lending him his courage. There is also a hero called
Achilles was a Greek hero who fought against the warrior, Hector, during the Trojan War. Known for his bravery, the essence of Achilles bestows great courage upon the super-hero known as Captain Marvel.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Immortality: The ability to live on forever as he is a soldier and embodies all the ideas of a perfect soldier fighting the good fight. He is ageless and if ever killed he can be reborn again to continue on his fight.
- Invulnerability: Achilles is invulnerable, except for a spot around his heel. This proved his undoing.
- Superhuman Inner Strength: He is always supported by an innate and harmonious presence of good will and strength of perseverance that he never backs down from a challenge.
- Power Distribution: Achilles imparts the gift of Courage to the various members of the Marvel Family.
- Achilles Heel: He was invulnerable over his entire body because he was bathed in the river Styx by his mother everywhere except the right heel where he was being held from. Paris of Troy killed him by attacking this weak spot.
- This character is an adaptation of Achilles, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 14 Appearances of Achilles (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Achilles (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Achilles (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Achilles (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: