Seeking to replicate the success of Wonder Woman's creation, Zeus took the heart of the Hawai'ian god Kane Milohai and combined it with divine fire of his creation and the soul of an ancient hero to create Achilles, Warkiller and leader of his Olympians comprised of Jason and the Argonauts.
Initially set against Wonder Woman, he has great respect for her and seeks to work alongside her when possible, though his loyalty to Zeus and the roles granted to him often conflicted with that.
He was placed by Zeus in the role of King of Themyscira, and turned to Alkyone to help him rule, making her his Queen in a purely political wedding. This arrangement was short-lived, as Alkyone usurped his role as part of a plot to both kill Diana and return Hippolyta to the throne. Realizing he could not let such an act stand, he freed Diana and joined her in a coup against his own Queen.
- Superhuman Strength: Warkiller is blessed with superhuman strength sufficient enough to engage the Amazing Amazon, Wonder Woman, in physical combat. He was also shown easily defeating other Amazons with physical strength alone. It is likely that, as Wonder Woman's counterpart, Warkiller is among the higher-tier beings in terms of strength, such as Superman and Captain Marvel.
- Superhuman Durability: Warkiller is extremely durable, capable of taking large amounts of blunt force trauma without injury, as shown when he took blows from Wonder Woman herself. Like Wonder Woman, however, Warkiller is somewhat vulnerable to piercing weapons, such as bullets and blades, though such attacks would likely not be fatal.
- Flight: Warkiller is able to fly through the air, presumably through mysticism.
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Stamina
- Regeneration: The heart of Kane Hilohai gives him great regenerative powers, able to heal wounds as fatal as being stabbed through the chest.
- Divine Grace: An ability to avoid attacks as if he knew they were coming, making it difficult for even the most skilled foes to land a hit on him.
- Clothing Change: Achilles can magically shift his clothing, normally between civilian and armored guises.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Achilles possesses the soul and combat abilities of the ancient hero Achilles and is one of the greatest warriors who ever lived.
- Vulnerability to Piercing Attacks
- Conviction: Achilles' strength is proportional to his conviction in battle. When he is unsure of himself it is lessened.
- Mysia: A mystical flying elephant with three eyes and two trunks.
- Virgin Spear of Athena: A divine spear that can piece any substance and light its head aflame.
- This character is an adaptation of Achilles, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Diana introduced Achilles to Patrick Cleese, whom Achilles quickly recognized as the reincarnation of his beloved Patroclus from ancient times.
- Though it has not been mentioned on-page, Gail Simone has confirmed the modern Achilles is gay.
- 19 Appearances of Achilles Warkiller (New Earth)
- 19 Images featuring Achilles Warkiller (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Achilles Warkiller (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Achilles Warkiller (New Earth)
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.