Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- No one dies today!
- -- Superman
Appearing in "The Yesterday Man"
- Siskel (First appearance)
- Superman memorial statue
Synopsis for "The Yesterday Man"
Conduit meanwhile, surveys activity within the Pipeline. He reflects upon the time some years ago when he was an operative for the CIA. Ultimately, he became too much of a loose cannon, and the CIA tried to take him down. Conduit killed his attackers and went rogue, forming his own rival intelligence network – the Pipeline.
Now he intends to disrupt a public Daily Planet dedication ceremony. Conduit flies in and tries to kill Clark Kent on the street. Clark pretends to fall through the rubble and uses the moment to change into Superman. Conduit uses Kryptonite coated tendrils to keep Superman at bay, but the hero eventually defeats his rival and Conduit is arrested. Conduit now bears a grudge against both Clark Kent and Superman.
- In October of 1994, all of the existing mainstream DC Comics titles released a special "0" issue to coincide with the Zero Hour crossover event. The purpose of the "0" issue was to reveal a previously unknown aspect of the title character's background. DC Titles under the Vertigo imprint were largely unaffected by Zero Hour and thus, no "0" issue specials were published for them. The "0" issues published for the Superman family of titles revolved around a single story-arc involving a villain known as Conduit.
- Superman navigation number 1994/40.
- There is a character featured in this issue who makes a reference to Professor Parker's photography class. This is likely a tongue-in-cheek reference to the Marvel Comics character, Peter Parker, a photographer for the Daily Bugle. Peter Parker is more widely renowned however as the high-flying hero, the amazing Spider-Man.
- The last movie that was featured at the Metro Palace Theater was The Man Who Would Be King.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 0 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- Action Comics #0 entry at the Grand Comics Database
- Action Comics #0 entry at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Zero Hour article at Wikipedia
- Zero Hour Frequently Asked Questions
- Zero Hour series index at the DCU Guide
- Zero Hour series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Zero Hour series index at the Grand Comics Database
Adventures of Superman #0: 1994/39
Superman: Man of Steel #38: 1994/41
|The Conduit Saga|
|Part I:Superman: The Man of Steel #0||Part II:Superman #0||Part III:Adventures of Superman #0||Part IV:Action Comics #0|
|Zero Hour Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time!, or its successor event Zero Month. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Zero Hour category.