"Superman: "The War Between Jimmy Olsen and Superman!"": Superman takes Jimmy Olsen to his Fortress of Solitude in order to show him some of his latest discoveries, including a Venusian Chameleon Jewel, and the Bottle City of Kandor before returning him back to Metropolis
Appearing in Superman: "The War Between Jimmy Olsen and Superman!"
Synopsis for Superman: "The War Between Jimmy Olsen and Superman!"
Superman takes Jimmy Olsen to his Fortress of Solitude in order to show him some of his latest discoveries, including a Venusian Chameleon Jewel, and the Bottle City of Kandor before returning him back to Metropolis so that he can write the story. Changing back into Clark Kent, Superman and Jimmy are summoned to court to provide testimony against the Double-X Gang, and the police have come to take them into protective custody for three days. Everyone is shocked when Jimmy suddenly decides he wants no part of being in protective custody and breaks the doors off the patty wagon in a feat of super-strength and flees.
Realizing that Jimmy has some how gained super-powers similar to his own, Clark changes into Superman and tries to talk Jimmy into going back to the Fortress of Solitude, however this does not work and Jimmy -- suddenly taking on a mean-streak, denounces the Man of Steel and goes off to cause various disasters, and destroying monuments to Superman. Superman tries to reason with Jimmy after he destroys a military base. Trying to prove the to the lad that he can't be all that bad, otherwise he would have killed Superman with some Kryptonite he helped Superman dispose of. This in turn, makes Jimmy go after this Kryptonite chunk and (with giant lead clamps to carry it at a safe distance) goes after the Man of Steel.
Chasing Superman all the way to his Fortress of Solitude, however Superman had deduced that this person was not Jimmy Olsen, but an impostor. He had made the fake Kryptonite to fool him and lead him back to the Fortress of Solitude, exposing himself. Revealed as a Kandorian criminal known as El Gar-Kur, who used a machine to switch places with Jimmy due to their close resemblance. As Superman stops him from smashing the city of Kandor, the Kandorian police manage to use El Gar-Kur's device to swap Jimmy back with the criminal. With the real Jimmy freed from Kandor, El Gar-Kur is taken into custody. Superman uses this experience to explain to Jimmy why the location of his Fortress of Solitude must remain a secret.
Appearing in Supergirl: "The Secret of the Super-Orphan!"
Synopsis for Supergirl: "The Secret of the Super-Orphan!"
The Midvale Orphanage is having a "get acquainted day" where the children meet with prospective adoptive parents. Supergirl, in her guise of Linda Lee secretly uses her super-powers to insure that nothing goes wrong, and also to give her an edge in avoiding being adopted. Later in the day, she finds young Timmy crying in the corner and learns that he's afraid he will never get adopted because he doesn't have any special talents. Determined to help the boy find new parents, Linda introduces Timmy to the Wilson family, who are farmers. However, it turns out not to be as the Wilson's cannot afford to adopt a child and the orphanage refuses to let them adopt Timmy. Deciding to help the Wilson's and Timmy out, Linda decides to learn a way that Supergirl can secretly help them out.
She gains inspiration from seeing a film reel featuring her cousin Superman drilling a hole through a gulch so that people could more easily see petrified dinosaur bodies, Linda comes up with an idea. That night as Supergirl she digs a hole right to Italy on the Wilson property and sets up a giant telescope allowing people to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa for the cost of a dollar. The Wilsons then raise enough money to sell their farm and by a new home in Midvale. Figuring Timmy is a country boy, the Wilsons decide to go back to the orphanage to find another boy. Deciding to get involved once more, Linda convinces Timmy to put on a magic show to impress the Wilsons. Timmy manages to pull off a number of magic feats, thanks to the secret aid of Supergirls super-powers. After wowing the Wilsons they decide that they are going to adopt Timmy.
Appearing in Congo Bill: "The Destroyer of Congo Bill!"
Synopsis for Congo Bill: "The Destroyer of Congo Bill!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- The War Between Jimmy Olsen and Superman! is reprinted in Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Archives Vol. 2.
- The Secret of the Super-Orphan! is reprinted in The Supergirl Archives Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 253 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- Action Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Wikipedia:Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman article at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Superman article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Superman article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl article at Toonopedia
- Supergirl article at Supermanica
- Supergirl article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Supergirl article at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Supergirl page at DC Comics
- Supergirl page at Kara Lives
- Congo Bill article at Wikipedia
- Congo Bill article at Supermanica
- Congo Bill article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Congo Bill article at Mike's Amazing World of DC
- Congo Bill article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Congorilla article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Jimmy Olsen article at Wikipedia
- Jimmy Olsen article at Supermanica
- Jimmy Olsen article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Jimmy Olsen article at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics