"Superman's Fortress of Solitude": Supermantemporarily moves his Fortress of Solitude from the Arctic to the outskirts of Metropolis to conduct tours through it for charity, but the Anti-Superman Gang plots to blow it to pieces.
Appearing in "Superman's Fortress of Solitude"
- Big Bob Kruger (Single appearance)
- Urko the Terrible (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Superman's Fortress of Solitude"
Appearing in "Congorilla's Last Stand"
Synopsis for "Congorilla's Last Stand"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Supergirl's Super-Pet"
Synopsis for "Supergirl's Super-Pet"
While witnessing a meteor shower in Midvale, Linda Lee decides she wants to try and find some of it's fragments for study. Changing into Supergirl she goes to the site where the meteor has crashed and finds that a portion of it is Kryptonite. Using a lead tin, she manages to collect it for her to study and try to find a cure for her and her cousin's weakness to Kryptonite. After numerous tests (which would ultimately create what will be referred to as X-Kryptonite), Linda finds the whole experiment a failure and tosses the Kryptonite deep into the woods so it cannot harm her.
The next day she saves a stray cat from a dog, naming it Streaky, she takes it back to the orphanage where she is allowed to keep it as a pet. While playing, Streaky comes across the X-Kryptonite and it's radiations give Streaky super-powers. Taking a cape from a Superman doll, Streak -- calling himself the Super-Cat -- goes into action, knocking over a milk truck for other strays to get free milk. Streaky then gets back at the dog that terrorized him earlier. Hearing his super-sonic meow, Linda decides to go and check things out as Supergirl.
She is shocked to find that Streaky has super-powers just like hers, and decides to preoccupy the cat by having it play with steel cables as though it were yarn. After some play, Streaky's powers begin to fade, and Supergirl is forced to return the cat to Earth on her own. With the cat seemingly back to normal, Supergirl wonders just how Streaky manage to get his powers in the first place.
- "Superman's Fortress of Solitude" is reprinted in Superman #187 and Showcase Presents: Superman, Volume 2.
- "Congorilla's Last Stand" is reprinted in World's Finest Comics #151.
- "Supergirl's Super-Pet" is reprinted in Action Comics #334, The Supergirl Archives Vol. 1 and Showcase Presents: Supergirl, Volume 1.
- Superman image gallery
- Superman appearances list
- Superman quotes page
- Superman Rogues Gallery
- Supergirl image gallery
- Supergirl appearances list
- Supergirl quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 261 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 261
Links and References
- Action Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Action Comics series index at DC Indexes
- Action Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database