"Power of the Parasite!": After Superman finishes an experiment with radioactive materials, a lab assistant, Jensen, is assigned to dispose of them. Jensen opens the container and is irr
- My power will sap your energy, Superman, leaving you weak & helpless! While I become invincible... invulnerable... immortal!
- -- Parasite
Appearing in "Power of the Parasite!"
- Parasite(First appearance)
- Various Atomic Scientists
- Metropolis Mayor
- Intergalactic Radioactive Waste
- Lois Lane's Car
Synopsis for "Power of the Parasite!"
After Superman finishes an experiment with radioactive materials, a lab assistant, Jensen, is assigned to dispose of them. Jensen opens the container and is irradiated by atomic particles. He soon discovers that though disfigured he can drain energy from people.
Jensen plans to use his new powers for crime by stealing the power of Superman. He visits a construction site where the Man of Steel is scheduled to attend and begins draining Superman's energy. In so doing, Parasite discovers Superman's secret identity. Despite Superman's efforts to fight the Parasite he continues to grow weaker. Finally the Parasite draws more of Superman's power than his body can contain. Parasite seemingly explodes into nothingness.
Appearing in "The Supergirl Identity Hunt!"
- Dick Malverne
- Miss Hart (Final appearance)
- Phillip Raines (Single appearance)
- The Fact Finder (Single appearance)
- Various Henchmen
- Former Midvale Residents (Single appearance)
- Susan Meadows
- Dr. Small
- Major Wood
- Elaine Sterling
- Sally King
- Janice Tyler
- Ethel Harris
- Cindy and other orphan children
- Cuff Links
- Giant Flagpole with American Flag
- US Space Capsule
Synopsis for "The Supergirl Identity Hunt!"
A blackmailer called the Fact Finder takes the opportunity to search for Supergirl among the women attending a reunion at Midvale Orphanage, since his research indicates that
Supergirl once lived there. He and his gang eliminate various ladies as suspects. But, with the help of Superman, Linda Danvers fakes getting a tooth pulled. Since Supergirl would never need dental work, the gang turns on Fact Finder and denounces him as a boob.
- This book was first published on June 30, 1966.
- "Power of the Parasite" is reprinted in Best of DC #10 & Best of DC #32
- A two-page pin-up of Superman is included in this issue.
- According to the response to a fan letter, Clark Kent's Social Security Number is 092-09-6616.
- Parasite is next seen in Action Comics #361.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 340 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- No external links.