Appearing in "The Pied-Piper of Steel"
- Cy Harkin (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Pied-Piper of Steel"
Rock promoter Cy Horkin uses an electronic brain to compel the audiences at his groups’ concerts to do whatever the lyrics command. But Superman discovers the plot and stops Horkin from using them to commit “the crime of the century”.
Appearing in "Spawn of the Unknown"
- Professor Bruno (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Spawn of the Unknown"
When the experimental plant-seeds of Prof. Bruno, who is operating in Africa, run wild in an extinct volcano crater, Superman is called in by an old game keeper friend. The game keeper tells Superman the seeds have turned animals into plants, and, when they see a plant-creature with Supergirl's costume, Superman is convinced his cousin has become a victim. But the real Supergirl appears later, and says that the "Supergirl" tree--like a "Superman" tree which sprouts not long after--is only a plant. Professor Bruno's plants imitate the life forms around them. Superman and Supergirl take the volcano crater to a remote planet, but save the Supergirl and Superman trees for the Fortress of Solitude.
- "The Pied-Piper of Steel" is reprinted in Superman: From the 30's to the 70's and Superman: From the 30's to the 80's.
- Leo Dorfman is credited as Geoff Brown in this issue.
- "The Pied-Piper of Steel" is an "imaginary story" and does not take place within standard Earth-One continuity.
- No trivia.
- Superman image gallery
- Superman appearances list
- Superman quotes page
- Superman's rogues gallery
- Supergirl image gallery
- Supergirl appearances list
- Supergirl quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 398 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman article at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Superman article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Superman article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe