"This Hostage Must Die!": Superman discovers that the red jewel is drawing energy from a red sun, and frees himself by blocking out its light. Then he discovers that Frank Haldane has found the treasure of Montezuma, and is attempting to steal it with a mechanical mole of
Appearing in "This Hostage Must Die!"
- Don Hawks
- Old Snake
- Moon Flower
- Frank Haldane
Synopsis for "This Hostage Must Die!"
Superman discovers that the red jewel is drawing energy from a red sun, and frees himself by blocking out its light. Then he discovers that Frank Haldane has found the treasure of Montezuma, and is attempting to steal it with a mechanical mole of his own design. Superman captures Haldane and turns the wealth over to the Navarros.
Appearing in "Feud of the Titans!"
- Tresor, Gem Planet (Mentioned only)
- Feminol, Amazon World (Mentioned only)
- Duplor (Mentioned only)
- Atomic Cauldron (First appearance)
- Jigsaw-Ray Gun
- Vapor bomb
- souped-up laser gun which can impenetrable superman's uniform
- cryogen freeze wave projector
- brainwash bomb
Synopsis for "Feud of the Titans!"
Superman and Supergirl are made hostile to each other and goaded into a super-feud when fumes from a "brainwash bomb" they are disposing of in the Fortress of Solitude's disintegration pit combine with Kryptonian elements there and make them hate each other. Superman begins to suspect the truth after seeing a two-headed bird's two heads quarrel with each other in the Fortress, and he rescues Supergirl from death when she falls into the disintegration pit. Once outside the Fortress, they regain their senses, and they clean the gas from their headquarters.
- This book was first published on May 27, 1971.
- Leo Dorfman is credited as Geoff Brown in this issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 402 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman article at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Superman article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Superman article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe