Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Luthor's Hammer of Hate!": Lex Luthor finds a means of transferring his hatred for Superman -- and a loss of control and judgment -- into Superman himself via an energized hammer.
- ...so the vile Lex Luthor thwarted Superman today with his trickery and escaped capture. No citizen is safe until that warped criminal genius is apprehended. In fact, that skin-headed wretch should be put away for a hundred years... and even then he'd be getting off easy. Luthor's a blight on the human race... a stomach-churning disgrace to all of us.
- -- Clark Kent
Appearing in "Luthor's Hammer of Hate!"
- Doctor Thames
Synopsis for "Luthor's Hammer of Hate!"
Lex Luthor finds a means of transferring his hatred for Superman -- and a loss of control and judgment -- into Superman himself via an energized hammer.
Appearing in "The Deadly Dancer Contract!"
- Hyram Walsh
- Street Punks
- Wilmer Theater
Synopsis for "The Deadly Dancer Contract!"
Christopher Chance poses as a man named Hyram Walsh, an accountant informing on the mob, to draw out a hitman named Dancer who killed his father. He takes out two thugs who try to collect the price on his head and leaves them both knocked out in an alleyway. Tracking the killer down to an abandoned movie theater, he confronts Dancer and the two men fight against each other. It is an intensely physical struggle, with a single gun between them, and after a number of blows are exchanged, Chance grabs the weapon. He points the gun at his assassin and reveals his true identity. Before he can kill him, Chance watches decades of mental illness finally catch up with Dancer. The man descends into madness before his very eyes, begs and pleads for his life to be spared, having completely snapped and begun hallucinating. Christopher takes pity on the villain, and stays to comfort him until an ambulance arrives to take him away.
- No special notes.
- Dancer's fate is later revealed, when Christopher Chance mentions to Amos Sharkey that he is a patient in the Arkham Sanitorium.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 423 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 423