Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Superman Takes a Wife!": In Metropolis of Earth-Two in the early 1950s, Superman fights the Mechanical Marauders, which were built by Colonel Future. When Superman destroys them, Col. Future declares that he is going to find a way to d
Appearing in "Superman Takes a Wife!"
- Superman (Earth-Two) (Marries Lois Lane)
- Lois Lane (Earth-Two) (Marries Clark Kent) (First appearance as Lois Kent)
- Colonel Future (Earth-Two) (First appearance)
- The C-F Gang (First appearance)
- Mechanical Marauders (First appearance)
- Lucille Lane Tompkins (Earth-Two) (First appearance)
- Susie Tompkins
- George Tompkins (First appearance)
- Glastonbury Wand
Synopsis for "Superman Takes a Wife!"
In Metropolis of Earth-Two in the early 1950s, Superman fights the Mechanical Marauders, which were built by Colonel Future. When Superman destroys them, Col. Future declares that he is going to find a way to destroy the Man of Steel.
Elsewhere, Col. Future has the villain known as the Wizard brought before him. He offers him the Glastonbury Wand as payment if the Wizard can permanently remove Superman from the face of the Earth. The Wizard accepts and plans to test the wand immediately.
Meanwhile, Lois and Clark are walking down the street discussing Col. Future's gang. Suddenly, two members from the gang attack them. Clark changes to Superman to fight them, but disappears in the middle of the battle. It seems that the Wizard has cast a spell, making Superman disappear from the face of the Earth.
Later, the ground where Superman vanished opens up and Clark Kent walks off towards Metropolis. Clark doesn't remember he's Superman, and in the days and weeks that follow, he becomes a fist-fighting reporter taking down gambling dens and the like, while also dating Lois Lane. He too begins to wonder what happened to Superman, but no one seems to know.
After almost a year, Lois and Clark get married and on their honeymoon, Col. Future's men try to kill Clark. He survives, leading Lois to get suspicious once again about his true identity. That night, she tries to cut his hair and the scissors break. She realizes that she's married to Superman, but Superman still doesn't remember who he really is. After the honeymoon, Lois does some investigating and tracks down the Wizard, who has become a bum and is asleep on a park bench.
Apparently, since he didn't gain any notoriety for eliminating Superman, he's lost all of his confidence. Lois convinces him to bring the Man of Steel back in order for him to regain some measure of self-respect. When Superman returns, Lois assumes that their marriage is over, but he disagrees and takes her to his Secret Sanctuary, where they renew their vows in a Kryptonian marriage ceremony.
- This book was first published on March 28, 1978.
- Reprinted in DC Retroactive: Superman-The '70s #1 and Lois Lane: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- Wizard's real name is refered in this issue as Frederick P. Garth, instead William Asmodeus Zard. If this is really his name or a lie, is unknown.
- It is uncertain whether this Glastonbury Wand is the same wand Wizard holds in subsequent fighting against the Justice Society.
- The Mechanical Marauders are very similar to the robots in "The Mechanical Monsters", episode from Superman's 1940 cartoons.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 484 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 484
Links and References
- No external links.