"Cityscape!": Jason Blood and his friends are in a trinket shop. Glenda Mark introduces Jason to the shop owner. Glenda then opens one of the items in the store, and a blade shoots out from inside and cuts her. She immediately turns into so
Appearing in "Cityscape!"
Synopsis for "Cityscape!"
Jason Blood and his friends are in a trinket shop. Glenda Mark introduces Jason to the shop owner. Glenda then opens one of the items in the store, and a blade shoots out from inside and cuts her. She immediately turns into some kind of giant, white tower. More blades shoot out of her tower, and hit the other people in the shop, transforming them as well. Jason Blood, dodges the blades while chanting a poem, a poem which transforms him into...Etrigan. Etrigan looks for a way to disable the towers. Meanwhile, Superman sees some of the towers growing , and tries to break them. Etrigan attacks him, trying to get him to stop. After a fight, Etrigan is able to stop the fight long enough to tell Superman what is going on. Horrified that he may have killed several people by destroying some towers, Superman asks Etrigan how they can stop this. Etrigan uses the Spell of Tempus Frangit to send Superman back in time. Etrigan then appears to Supes in a vision and explains that Etrigan cannot cross through his own timeline, and tells Supes to find the Jason Blood of that time. Superman wanders for awhile, and eventually finds Blood. After explaining the situation. Blood leads the Man of Steel to their destination, to find the culprit who has been causing all the problems with the towers in the future. Superman is carrying Blood while flying, and Blood tells Supes to drop him. Blood then transforms into Etrigan while falling, and crashes through a cabin roof. There is an old man and his granddaughter in the cabin, and Etrigan hurls the girl into a wall. Superman and the old man are stunned, until the girl transforms into Morgaine le Fey. After a brief battle, Etrigan and Superman are able to change the timeline back to normal, with no one having any recollection of the adventure.
- This issue was reprinted in Superman: The Man of Steel Vol. 3.
- Text at the end of this issue states that this issue's events take place before the Demon miniseries.
- Etrigan appeared last in Swamp Thing (Vol 2) #50. He appears next in Demon (Vol 2) #1.
- Etrigan and Superman first met in DC Comics Presents #66. They next meet in Demon (Vol 3) #28.
- The man collecting Black Plague corpses is a evident reference to a character in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Superman is vulnerable to Etrigan's hellfire projection.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 587 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- No external links.