"All Wars Must End (part two)": Hawkman and Hawkwoman summon Superman to a captured Thanagarian ship which also contains the subdued Thanarian villains Ved and Rok. Hawkman explains that they have discovered that there is an approaching Thanagarian invasion fleet on its way to destroy Earth and
Appearing in "All Wars Must End (part two)"
Synopsis for "All Wars Must End (part two)"
Hawkman and Hawkwoman summon Superman to a captured Thanagarian ship which also contains the subdued Thanarian villains Ved and Rok. Hawkman explains that they have discovered that there is an approaching Thanagarian invasion fleet on its way to destroy Earth and they must get to the moon to attempt to stop it. Low on hydrogen, they are unable to get the captured ship into orbit but Superman manages to manually carry the ship out into space where the ship can then manuever on its own.
The heroes quickly discover the Thanagarian fleet assembled for the attack near the moon. Severely outgunned by the massive Thanagarian space cruisers, Hawkman and Hawkwoman decide the only course of action is to initiate "Operation Overlord" which Ved's command ship is equipped with. The Overlord sequence will scatter the entire Thanagarian fleet billions of light years in every direction but must be initiated in the precise center of the fleet to be effective.
Meanwhile, Superman has been outside the ship doing his best to occupy the Thanagarian fleet while Hawkwoman initializes the Overlord sequence. Unfortunately for the heroes, the fleet has managed to take control of the captured command ship and therefore Hawkman is forced to engage Overlord before Superman is safely back on board. The Overlord sequence engages and sends the Thanagarian fleet away but sends the command ship hurling towards the sun and Superman seemingly unconscious, floating in space.
- This issue was reprinted in Superman: The Man of Steel Vol. 3.
- The story continues from Hawkman (vol 2) #10 and concludes the Thanagarian invasion of Earth begun in the Shadow War of Hawkman mini-series. Hawkman and Hawkwoman's story continues in Hawkman (vol 2) #11, while Superman's adventures continue in Action Comics #589.
- Following the 1989 reboot of Hawkman and Hawkwoman's histories in Hawkworld, their roles in this story were retroactively attributed to the imposters Fel Andar and Sharon Parker.
- Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium stated this story happened on Earth-85.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 588 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- No external links.