"Green Lantern: "...and the Pain Shall Leave My Heart"": Hal Jordan, lacking gainful employment, has been staying with John Stewart and Katma Tui. John however, is feeling overcrowded and suggests that Hal take advantage of the fact the
Appearing in Green Lantern: "...and the Pain Shall Leave My Heart"
Synopsis for Green Lantern: "...and the Pain Shall Leave My Heart"
Hal Jordan, lacking gainful employment, has been staying with John Stewart and Katma Tui. John however, is feeling overcrowded and suggests that Hal take advantage of the fact the there are no longer any rules governing the use of a Green Lantern power ring. Hal decides to go to South Africa and grab some diamonds from one of their less-reputable diamond mines.
Back in Coast City, Star Sapphire returns and breaks into John and Katma's apartment. She slaughters Katma Tui as a message for Hal Jordan.
Appearing in Wild Dog: "Point of Order"
- Captain Lang
- Detective Calloway
Synopsis for Wild Dog: "Point of Order"
The terrorist cell known as the Committee for Social Change, takes command of City Hall and holds all of the city councilmen, including the mayor, hostage. They demand that the Quad City police department deliver Wild Dog to them so that he may pay for his crimes against other Committee members.
Police surround City Hall and Captain Calloway suggests that they send in a fake Wild Dog to appease the terrorists. Such a scheme proves unnecessary however as the real Wild Dog rappels into the building and shoots all of the terrorists.
Appearing in Secret Six: "Listening to the Mockingbird"
- Secret Six (First appearance)
- Secret Six I
- Rafael di Rienzi (First appearance)
- Ed Flaum (Single appearance)
- Elvis Brockman (Single appearance) (Behind the scenes)
- Warren Lichfield (Single appearance)
- Gus (Single appearance)
- Heppel (Single appearance)
- Jeremy (Single appearance)
- Melanie (Single appearance)
- Thorsen (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Secret Six: "Listening to the Mockingbird"
At a special restaurant known as the Enchanted Forest, arrangements are made for a reunion meeting of the original Secret Six. August Durant, Carlo di Rienzi, King Savage, Lili de Neuve, Kit Langman and Tiger Force come together for the first time in five years.
Elsewhere, the mysterious agent known only as Mockingbird gathers together six new individuals for the express purpose of creating a new Secret Six. They are: Anthony Mantegna, Vic Sommers, Mitch Hoberman, Luke McKendrick, Ladonna Jameal and Maria Verdugo.
Elsewhere, deadly acid rain pounds the northwestern town of Orsonville. Those caught in the rain quickly find themselves reduced to nothing but skeletal remains.
Appearing in Superman: "Faster Than a Speeding Bullet"
- Charlie (Single appearance)
- Charles Culpepper (Single appearance)
- Dave (Single appearance)
- Bob Galt (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Superman: "Faster Than a Speeding Bullet"
Three gunmen corner a man in an alleyway. Superman overhears the man's cries for help and swoops down to rescue him. The gunmen fire their weapons, but Superman lands in their path allowing the bullets to bounce harmlessly off his chest.
Appearing in Deadman: "The Section Chief"
- Grace Kasaba (First appearance)
- Talaoc (Behind the scenes)
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Barry (Single appearance)
- Lewis (Single appearance)
- Fulgencio Flores (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Deadman: "The Section Chief"
Deadman commits himself to tracking down the numerous criminals who escaped from Nanda Parbat. His trail leads him to Belize in Central America where he discovers a covert CIA guns-for-drugs operation taking place near an old Mayan temple. The CIA section chief is a woman named Grace Kasaba. Deadman takes control of the pilot of the DC-10 running cocaine back to Florida and calls the Dade County airport requesting air marshals. After Federal agents intercept the DC-10, Deadman returns to the Mayan temple where Kasaba oversees her end of the operation. Surprisingly, Kasaba is able to see Deadman's ghost form.
Appearing in Blackhawk: "Another Fine War (Part I)"
- Zalecki (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Blackhawk: "Another Fine War (Part I)"
January, 1947 Janos Prohaska, the Blackhawk, sits in a bathtub in a hotel in Singapore mewling over some disparaging comic strips. A man named Zelecki bursts into the room holding a knife. He demands the $10,000 dollars that Prohaska owes him. Janos whips out a gun he had secured in the tub with him and shoots Zelecki in the hand.
Meanwhile, a mysterious blonde-haired woman named Cynthia Hastings arrives at the hotel asking to find Janos Prohaska.
- This issue shipped on May 24th, 1988.
- Christopher Priest is credited as Jim Owsley in this issue.
- Janos Prohaska appeared last in Blackhawk (Volume 2) #3.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 601 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 601
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Great Book of Oa
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern Shrine
- Emerald Dawn Main Page
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes
- Wild Dog (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Wild Dog at DCU Guide
- Secret Six (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Deadman at Wikipedia.org
- Blackhawk (comics) at Wikipedia.org