"Man and Machine": Superman finally discovers where Brainiac is keeping Lex Luthor. Superman arrives in time to see Brainiac reborn in his new body, but is distracted from fighting when he discovers several nuclea
Appearing in "Man and Machine"
- Brainiac (Flashback and main story)
- Colin Thornton
- Computer Tyrants (Flashback only)
- Gretchen Kelley
- Lex Luthor
- Metallo (Flashback only)
- Sydney Happersen
- Dr Augustine
- Guardian's Shield (Flashback only)
- Brainiac's Skull Ship (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Man and Machine"
Superman finally discovers where Brainiac is keeping Lex Luthor. Superman arrives in time to see Brainiac reborn in his new body, but is distracted from fighting when he discovers several nuclear devices were planted around Metropolis thanks to Metallo. Though Superman stops any of the devices from detonating, Brainiac escapes from the Earth in his new Skull Ship and sends Superman a final taunting message as he leaves.
- This is the first Post-Crisis appearance Brainiac's Skull Ship. It heavily resembles the ship used by the Pre-Crisis Brainiac. A ship much different in appearance made an earlier cameo in Superman #35, as part of a dream sequence.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 649 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes