"Re:Actions": A WLEX broadcast is shown, reporting on Superman's death. When a reporter tries to talk about Superman's body and its legality of where it should go to, it is interrupted as Paul Westfield and his Cadmus soldiers burst in, demanding Superman's body. The Guardian attempts to stop th
Appearing in "Re:Actions"
- Team Luthor
- Mayor Berkowitz
- Dr. Sanchez
- George & his friend (thieves)
- Metropolis Police Department
Synopsis for "Re:Actions"
A WLEX broadcast is shown, reporting on Superman's death. When a reporter tries to talk about Superman's body and its legality of where it should go to, it is interrupted as Paul Westfield and his Cadmus soldiers burst in, demanding Superman's body. The Guardian attempts to stop them, but Westfield pulls rank. However, when word of this comes to Luthor, he decides to fix things, sending Supergirl and Team Luthor to stop them. When Supergirl finds out what Westfield's wants with Superman's body, she ends the fight swiftly. Soon after, Luthor arrives with Mayor Berkowitz, the mayor holding papers from the White House itself declaring that Superman is an American and deserves a decent burial. Luthor's able to forgo what happened if they get out of Metropolis as fast as they can. With the programming fixed, Luthor gives a message, declaring that a portion of Centennial Park will be host to Superman's final resting spot.
In the Daily Planet, Lois, Perry and Jimmy listen to the broadcast before Perry sends everyone home for the night. As Jimmy and Perry worry about Lois, everyone else reacts to the news. In Smallville, Lana calls the Kents to check up on them, hoping it was a mistake. In a restaurant, three customers are also in shock and the remember the incident with Superman and Batman saving their town from vampires. From Austraila to Japan to the Middle East, Africa and Russia, they all hear news of Superman's death.
In the coroner's office, Luthor is brought to Doomsday's body and, enraged, smashes a chair over the beast's body.
In her apartment, Lois reaches Clark's apartment and collapses. She realizes the world must never know Superman and Clark are one and the same and resolves to call his parents. Hidden away, the Toyman shows no joy in Superman's passing while in S.T.A.R. Labs, the Parasite complains over hearing the news over and over. In Stryker's Island, the prisoners rejoice a bit over the hero's death.
In a bank, a police officer notices a group of thugs robbing a building and is nearly ran over in their escape. However, before they can, Supergirl arrives. She stops the crooks and allows other cops to bring them in. As she leaves, Bibbo catches sight of her and decides to be by himself, tossing the patrons out of his bar to pray.
- The cover is an obvious homage to that of Action Comics #1, with Supergirl substituting for Superman as the one trashing an automobile.
- In addition to taking his starring role in Action Comics, Supergirl's logo replaces Superman's on the cover.
- Superman navigation number 1993/4.
- This issue is reprinted in the World Without a Superman and in the Superman: Funeral for a Friend trade paperbacks and the Superman: The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus.
- The vampire incident happened in Action Comics Annual #1.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 685 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- No external links.
Adventures of Superman #498: 1993/3
Superman: Man of Steel #20: 1993/5
The Death and Return of Superman