Appearing in "An Eye for an Eye"
Synopsis for "An Eye for an Eye"
As Guy Gardner reads the news of four superhero contenders to the name Superman and decides to travel to Metropolis to investigate, the Last Son of Krypton stops a would-be bank robber by breaking his hands, sending him to the hospital. Lois Lane visits the victim in the hospital when she runs into an older man whom she thought resembled Clark Kent by his hat and glasses. Inspector Henderson, who is now made commissioner of the Metropolis police force, now promotes Captain Maggie Sawyer to inspector and has her investigate the case of the four Supermen. The Last Son of Krypton confronts Guy Gardner in a knock-down drag-out brawl when they come across an illegal arms sale which the Kryptonian brutally stops, unexpectedly winning the respect of Guy and making the Last Son of Krypton wonder if there is a better way to handle things.
- This issue is triangle number 16 for 1993.
- This issue is reprinted in the The Return of Superman trade paperback and the Superman: The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 688 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
The Death and Return of Superman
Links and References