"Final Conflict": Although Lex Luthor is a veritable vegetable, he can still remotely activate Superman's old Kryptonian Warsuit to come to his aid. The suit breaks Luthor out of his iron lung imprisonment and places him inside the armor's chest cavity, where
- I could not raze Metropolis! But I will do anything in my power to destroy you!
- -- Lex Luthor
Appearing in "Final Conflict"
- Kryptonian Warsuit
- Superman Memorial Statue
Synopsis for "Final Conflict"
Although Lex Luthor is a veritable vegetable, he can still remotely activate Superman's old Kryptonian Warsuit to come to his aid. The suit breaks Luthor out of his iron lung imprisonment and places him inside the armor's chest cavity, where dozens of cables and implants attach themselves, providing Lex with the means to control the suit. Luthor begins plodding through Centennial Park searching for Superman. He soon gets his wish, as the Man of Steel bears down upon him. Luthor picks up Superman's memorial statue and begins battering him it. He then fires missiles out of the suit's gauntlets, but Superman catches them and sends them back to their point of origin.
The fight continues with neither combatant giving any quarter. Luthor fires an ignited gout of rocket fuel from his other gauntlet, and the heat is so intense that even Superman begins to waver beneath it. Superman dives into Lex and destroys his armaments. He tears open the war-suit's chest cavity and pulls Lex's sickly form out. He flies him to S.T.A.R. Labs where Kitty Faulkner tells him that there is nothing they can do for Lex. Because of the nature of the accelerated aging of Lex's clone body, the cure they acquired from Project Cadmus won't work for him. Looking down at Lex's crippled form, Superman says that this is the "end of an era".
- This issue is chapter five of the "Fall of Metropolis" story-arc.
- This issue is triangle number 1994/28.
- The Kryptonian Warsuit seen in this issue is the same battle-suit that Superman used to rejuvenate himself during the "Reign of the Supermen! story-arc.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 701 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Action Comics series index at DCU Guide
- Action Comics series index at DC Indexes
- Action Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Action Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
Adventures of Superman #514: 1994/27
Superman: Man of Steel #36: 1994/29
This issue is related to the Battle for Metropolis and Fall of Metropolis storylines, spanning through the Superman Titles in 1994, and involving the battle for, and then fall of Metropolis.