"Old Man, New World": On the Watchtower, a subdued Repo Man spouts at Aquaman, who is making sure that he is stabilized. Superman, standing nearby, is slow to respond. He's aged visibly from whatever Gog did to him with the liquid K. He hears Jimmy Olsen's signal watch and goes to rescue him.
Appearing in "Old Man, New World"
Synopsis for "Old Man, New World"
On the Watchtower, a subdued Repo Man spouts at Aquaman, who is making sure that he is stabilized. Superman, standing nearby, is slow to respond. He's aged visibly from whatever Gog did to him with the liquid K. He hears Jimmy Olsen's signal watch and goes to rescue him.
Martian Manhunter and Jimmy, trapped in Preus' hold, struggle to get away. Preus takes the signal watch and waits for Superman outside with an army of his faithful.
Superman arrives, and one of the women runs up to him, talking about what Preus did in the tents. She reveals herself to be a suicide bomber, and blows herself up. However, Superman remains unharmed. Superman does battle with Preus, trying the Kryptonite ring before realizing that Preus is not weakened by Kryptonite. Preus is about to finish him, and Superman begins having a heart attack, when Martian Manhunter informs Superman that Preus' power is in his chest. Superman rips off the chest plate and Preus falls.
Superman goes to save Preus' life (he's dying) at S.T.A.R. Labs. On the way he collapses. As he does, Gog waxes about his success in allies and time of strike.
Superman looks up, and multiple Gogs stand above him, ready for the kill.
- This book was first published on February 9, 2005.
- J.D. Finn is a pseudonym, though it is not known for whom. Speculation on the part of former writer Chuck Austen suggests that this issue was written by editor Eddie Berganza. However, DC Comics has credited the issue to Joe Kelly on their website - which may or may not be accurate.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 824 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
- No external links.