"Sacrifice (Part II of IV) - End of Identity": Lois Lane is visited by The Martian Manhunter in her home, who confesses that he is there to protect her from her husband Superman, suggesting that he has become unstable.
- I've lived with Clark long enough to know when he's scanning the sky and doesn't want me to know about it. You're here to protect me. From Clark.
- -- Lois Lane
Appearing in "Sacrifice (Part II of IV) - End of Identity"
- Darkseid (In dream sequence only)
- Glorious Godfrey (In dream sequence only)
- Granny Goodness (In dream sequence only)
- Mark Shepard
Synopsis for "Sacrifice (Part II of IV) - End of Identity"
Lois Lane is visited by The Martian Manhunter in her home, who confesses that he is there to protect her from her husband Superman, suggesting that he has become unstable. He eventually reveals what Superman has done, to her disbelief.
Later, in the Fortress of Solitude, members of the JLA attempt to apprehend Superman for violence against an unknown individual. Black Canary convinces everyone to resolve the issue peacefully.
Superman attempts to remember what happened, recalling events similar to those of the previous issue, except this time the enemy is Darkseid. He believes that Darkseid has done something to Lois, but is soon transported to Apokolips via Boom Tube, where he is expected to do battle in an arena with his nemesis. An apparently brainwashed Lois is seen cheering for Darkseid. The fight begins, but Superman soon realizes that his gauntlets have been laced with Kryptonite. Eventually, Superman tricks Darkseid into leaving the ring, winning the match. However, Darkseid kills Lois anyway, sending Superman into a violent rage. He is suddenly confused when Darkseid appears to call him by the name 'Clark' and asks him to stop.
Back in the Fortress, Black Canary deduces that Superman is being manipulated, and further that the blood on his hands is human. They return to the Justice League Watchtower, where it becomes clear that the person Superman attacked is in fact Batman.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Sacrifice trade paperback.
- This issue shipped on July 13th, 2005.
- This issue is an OMAC Project tie-in.
- Darkseid, Glorious Godfrey and Granny Goodness appear as mental images only and are not actually in this issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 829 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 829
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes
|Part I: Superman #219||Part II: Action Comics #829||Part III: Adventures of Superman #642||Part IV: Wonder Woman #219|
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.