"Sacrifice, Part II of IV: End of Identity": Lois Lane is visited by The Martian Manhunter in her home, who confesses that he is there to protect her from her husband Superman, suggesting that he has become unstable. H
Appearing in "Sacrifice, Part II of IV: End of Identity"
- The JLA
- Jonathan Kent
- Lois Lane
- Darkseid (In dream sequence only)
- Glorious Godfrey (In dream sequence only)
- Granny Goodness (In dream sequence only)
- Mark Shepard
- Fortress of Solitude
- The Moon
Synopsis for "Sacrifice, Part II of IV: End of Identity"
Lois Lane is visited by The Martian Manhunter in her home, who confesses that he is there to protect her from her husband Superman, suggesting that he has become unstable. He eventually reveals what Superman has done, to her disbelief.
Later, in the Fortress of Solitude, members of the JLA attempt to apprehend Superman for violence against an unknown individual. Black Canary convinces everyone to resolve the issue peacefully.
Superman attempts to remember what happened, recalling events similar to those of the previous issue, except this time the enemy is Darkseid. He believes that Darkseid has done something to Lois, but is soon transported to Apokolips via Boom Tube, where he is expected to do battle in an arena with his nemesis. An apparently brainwashed Lois is seen cheering for Darkseid. The fight begins, but Superman soon realizes that his gauntlets have been laced with Kryptonite. Eventually, Superman tricks Darkseid into leaving the ring, winning the match. However, Darkseid kills Lois anyway, sending Superman into a violent rage. He is suddenly confused when Darkseid appears to call him by the name 'Clark' and asks him to stop.
Back in the Fortress, Black Canary deduces that Superman is being manipulated, and further that the blood on his hands is human. They return to the Justice League Watchtower, where it becomes clear that the person Superman attacked is in fact Batman.
- This book was first published on July 13, 2005.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Sacrifice trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 829 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 829
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Part I: Superman #219||Part II: Action Comics #829||Part III: Adventures of Superman #642||Part IV: Wonder Woman #219|
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.