"The Great Society": Doctor Psycho hypnotizes all of the passengers on a plane arriving in Metropolis, where they seize upon Superman memorabilia, seeming to worship him. At home, Clark and Lois Lane discuss the nat
- The truth, Psycho? You're not fit to touch the man's cape.
- -- Black Adam
Appearing in "The Great Society"
- Brenden Sparlin
- Phillipe Gunzmen
- Toni Sparlin
- Willis (Cameo)
Synopsis for "The Great Society"
Doctor Psycho hypnotizes all of the passengers on a plane arriving in Metropolis, where they seize upon Superman memorabilia, seeming to worship him. At home, Clark and Lois Lane discuss the nature of Superman's recent loss of control over himself, but he soon hears trouble downtown and leaves to investigate.
He finds Sharpnel robbing a bank. While the two battle, Doctor Psycho continues to cause havoc in Metropolis, to the chagrin of his employer, Lex Luthor. Luthor orders Black Adam to bring Psycho back. During the fight, Superman finds himself distracted by his group of psychologically manipulated 'fans,' as many of them attempt suicide in order to be saved by him. Lois questions a witness about the cause of the strangely manipulated citizens. When she discovers that the enemy is Doctor Psycho, she makes a call to Lana Lang.
Meanwhile, Black Adam apprehends Doctor Psycho, while Superman resumes his efforts to defeat Shrapnel. A captured Shrapnel explains that he is merely a pawn of someone else. Afterwards, Black Adam expresses distaste for Doctor Psycho's methods as Superman confronts them.
- This issue is reprinted in Superman: Strange Attractors.
- This issue shipped on August 10th, 2005.
- This issue contains an eight-page preview of Bionicle: Battle for Metru Nui Part I: Reign of Darkness.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 830 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 830
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database