"Back in Action, Part I of III": In deep space, a group of aliens scans the universe in search of various valuables for their benefactor, the Auctioneer. Learning of Earth, they pinpoint several key locations to attack, in the hopes of acquiring large-scale consumables for their intergalactic cu
- Guys! Guys, come quick! Giant robots, all over the world!
- -- Jimmy Olsen
Appearing in "Back in Action, Part I of III"
- Firestorm (Jason Rusch) / Firehawk
- Jimmy Olsen
- Lois Lane
- Nightwing (Dick Grayson)
- Perry White
- Teen Titans
- Ops (First appearance)
- New York City
- Washington, D.C.
Synopsis for "Back in Action, Part I of III"
In deep space, a group of aliens scans the universe in search of various valuables for their benefactor, the Auctioneer. Learning of Earth, they pinpoint several key locations to attack, in the hopes of acquiring large-scale consumables for their intergalactic customer base.
In Metropolis, Superman battles his old foe Carapax. He receives unexpected help from Firestorm who transforms the copper wiring in Carapax's armor into germanium, incapacitating him. As the Metropolis SCU arrive to collect Carapax, Firestorm wonders if the real Superman has returned or if he might actually be an imposter. Leaving for Washington, Firestorm comes across some insectiod robots stealing a cathedral.
As Superman returns to the Daily Planet, Lois tells him that she's been asked to do a cover feature on whether or not Superman's a fake. Then, he learns that giant robot spiders have landed on Earth and are attacking major cities. He flies out to New York City where he finds Nightwing combating one of the spider-shaped automatons. The armed forces refuse to work with him due to his revoked security clearance, and order him to stand down.
He then flies out to San Francisco where he finds the Teen Titans engaged in a battle with an even larger alien robot. Before long, the Auctioneer arrives on Earth and begins attacking the Golden Gate Bridge.
- This book was first published on July 26, 2006.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Back in Action trade paperback.
- Includes DC Nation #19 editorial by Dan DiDio.
- Superman appeared last in Superman #654. Following this storyline, he appears next in superman #655.
- Nightwing appeared last in Nightwing (Volume 2) #122.
- This issue contains a three-page fold-out Heroscape centerfold.
- The cover for this issue is presented as an in-universe newspaper called Action Bulletin News. The logo design for Action Bulletin News is similar to the logo for Action Comics. This is revealed in Superman #655.
- Superman image gallery
- Superman appearances list
- Superman quotes page
- Superman Rogues Gallery[[Category:
- Category:Superman villains/Appearances|Action Comics Vol 01 0841A]]
- Cyborg appearances list
- Firestorm and Firehawk appearances list
- Jimmy Olsen image gallery
- Jimmy Olsen appearances list
- Jimmy Olsen quotes page
- Lois Lane image gallery
- Lois Lane appearances list
- Lois Lane quotes page
- Nightwing appearances list
- Perry White image gallery
- Perry White appearances list
- Perry White quotes page
- Ravager appearances list
- Robin appearances list
- Wonder Girl appearances list
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 841 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 841
- Action Comics
- Nightwing (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Wikipedia:Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman article at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Superman article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Superman article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Lois Lane article at Wikipedia
- Lois Lane article at Supermanica
- Lois Lane article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Lois Lane article at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics