"Superman: Family": Brainiac 5 shows Supergirl his new invention, allowing her to see into the past. The viewer jumps around a few parallel time lines before latching on to the correct history.
Appearing in "Superman: Family"
- Krypto (Flashback only)
- Justice League of America (Flashback only)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Flashback only)
- Brainiac 5's Chronexus
Synopsis for "Superman: Family"
Brainiac 5 shows Supergirl his new invention, allowing her to see into the past. The viewer jumps around a few parallel time lines before latching on to the correct history.
On Krypton, Lara goes into labor far earlier than expected. She gives birth to Kal-El and they are forced to place him in the rocket and save him from Krypton as it explodes.
Jumping forward, Martha and Jonathan care for Clark as he grows up. Jumping again, Superman saves the space plane in his public debut. Later, he calls his mother about the rescue and tells her about Lois. Further on, Superman attempts to stop a scientist from destroying the city, but she is apparently killed in the process.
Superman battles Amazo with the original Justice League. Further into the future, a married Lois and Clark discuss that they could probably never have children. They scan across the future until they find Supergirl's arrival on Earth. They see Superman take Supergirl to the Amazons for training, and later as he talks to Lois about worrying that he's too hard on her.
Further in the future, Superman and Supergirl battle Blackstar, the end result of the scientist supposedly dying years ago. As she begins to win, Supergirl has Brainiac send her mind back to the fight. Taking control of Superman's body, Supergirl knocks Blackstar out and leaves a message before returning to the 31st century. As she returns, the viewer shows a glimpse of her future in the 21st century, of a city full of Kryptonians with her parents alive.
In the present, Superman and Supergirl fly Blackstar to prison, and wonder about the message burnt into the wall, telling him that he's not in it alone.
- This book was first published on May 30, 2007.
- This issue shipped on May 31st, 2007.
- Double-sized issue.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supergirl: Beyond Good and Evil and Supergirl: Ghosts of Krypton trade paperbacks.
- First professional DC Comics work for inker José Wilson Magalhaés.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 850 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at DC Comics
- Supergirl at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Supermanica