"Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Part III of VI) - Lightning and Shadows": The JL of the future find remnants of a Time Sphere realizing Superman is really and truly back. This is not good news and Earth Man announces that the vunerable Kryptonian once dead will never stand in their
Appearing in "Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Part III of VI) - Lightning and Shadows"
- Legion of Super-Heroes
Synopsis for "Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Part III of VI) - Lightning and Shadows"
The JL of the future find remnants of a Time Sphere realizing Superman is really and truly back. This is not good news and Earth Man announces that the vunerable Kryptonian once dead will never stand in their way and the life they've manipulated so much for. If he's dead they can manipulate his origin more than the DC writers can. Meanwhile the Legion crash into the Gulag and rescue the prisoners in the search for Brainiac 5. At first they are inspired by Superman's involvement - but then he bleeds - like and ordinary man.
Dawnstar tracks a scent to a particular prison cell and they realize Brianiac had fashioned a teleporter and escaped to his homeworld. Clark pressures Dawnstar into finding the other imprisoned Leaguer.
Polar Boy escapes his torture and greets his friends, sporting a new solid ice limb. Brek then fills the Legion in on Earth Man and his plans. He explains Earth Man was a Legion reject just like him but that he turned his life around to become a member of the Substitutes and worked hard with his team of Legion rejects. Earth Man however had relied on manipulation of the public mind.
Night Girl and Shadow Lass appear from the dark shadows and help to sneak the Legionnaires out of the gulag and into the makeshift rubble of a clubhouse. They are greeted by Timber Wolf and Lightning Lass.
Superman is shocked at the life the Substitutes and surviving Legion members live. He is even moreso when the survivors reveal Chameleon Boy had to return to his homeworld to protect it, White Witch was slave traded to Mordru the evil sorcerer and Mon-El was reinserted into the hell of the Phantom Zone.
Trying to act quickly they decide to hunt for Brainiac on Colu but they are attacked by the Justice League. Lightning Lass, Timber Wolf, Shadow Lass and Night Girl hold off the attack while Superman, Wildfire, Dawnstar and Colossal Boy soar skyward in a rust bucket of a space pod.
The pod crash lands on Colu with everyone knocked out during impact.
Superman clambers out of the wreckage and is ambushed for knowledge by Coluan civilians. When he awakens, Clark is shocked to meet Brainiac 5 but not the friend he knew. This Brainiac is akin to the first and announces a death threat.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 860 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 860
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
- Legion Lost (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion Worlds (Volume 1)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- The Legion (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Legion of Super-Heroes at Wikipedia.org
- Legion of Super-Heroes Wiki
- Legion of Super-Heroes Online Companion
- Legion of Super-Heroes Reference File
- Major Spoiler's Hero History Collection
- Legion of Super-Heroes Clubhouse
- Legion of Super-Heroes index at Cosmic Teams
- Legion of Super-Heroes at TV Tropes
- Legion of Super-Links