"New Krypton (Part VII of X) - Brainiac Lives": Superman and his uncle press Alura for information identifying the Kandorians responsible for several Stryker's Island Penitentiary deaths and admonish her for her decision to imprison known ad
Appearing in "New Krypton (Part VII of X) - Brainiac Lives"
- Alura In-Ze
- Ron Troupe
- Steve Lombard
- Zor-El (Dies)
- Creature Commandos
- Agent Liberty
- Black Lightning
- Flash (Jay Garrick)
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart)
- Mister Terrific
- Power Girl
- Ultra the Multi-Alien
- Wonder Woman
- Gotham City
- North Pole
- Project 7734
- Gold Kryptonite
- Green Kryptonite
- Steel's Armor (Cameo)
- Superboy Memorial Statue
- Superman Memorial Statue
Synopsis for "New Krypton (Part VII of X) - Brainiac Lives"
Superman and his uncle press Alura for information identifying the Kandorians responsible for several Stryker's Island Penitentiary deaths and admonish her for her decision to imprison known adversaries inside the Phantom Zone. Supergirl adds that they need to make absolutely clear those deaths were unintended because she knows, from her own experience, that Terrans react badly when a Kryptonian crosses a line. Alura protests every Kryptonian soul is needed to rebuild Krypton and they are also busy looking for ways to free all cities and people kidnapped by Brainiac, which include Ultra the Multi-Alien and the Creature Commandos.
In Metropolis, Reactron teams up with Metallo and the two begin wreaking havoc in the city streets. They manage to draw out Commander Gor's soldiers who surround the villains and demand their surrender. Metallo and Reactron surrender right away and demand to be taken to Kandor's leader.
Meanwhile, Lex Luthor examines Brainiac as thinks of ways to extract his knowledge and tap into his ship's cybernetic network.
On Kandor, Alura finally admits she refuses to turn the murderers over to Kal-El because she was the one who gave them authorization to kill. Before her family can express their outrage properly, they are notified that Commander Gor has returned bringing several more prisoners in custody.
Right then, Metallo sends out a signal. Luthor activates remotely Brainiac's ship. The Creature Commandos are released, but Brainiac's killer drones are also activated.
As Superman, Supergirl and their family fight an army of killer robots, Metallo and Reactron murder the soldiers guarding them and head to the battlefield, mercilessly cutting into the innocent aliens. Reactron finds Zor-El and murders him in front of his daughter Kara.
- This book was first published on December 10, 2008.
- Issue shipped with a variant cover illustrated by Chris Sprouse.
- This issue is Chapter Seven of Superman: New Krypton.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 872 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 872
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl Comic Box Commentary review
New Krypton Crossover