"New Krypton (Part X of X) - Birth of a Nation": At Project 7734, General Sam Lane and Lex Luthor examine the remains of Doomsday. Although both men seek Superman's destruction, Lex would just as soon dispo
- We are no longer welcome on your planet, Kal-El. And you will not be welcome -- on ours.
- -- Alura In-Ze
Appearing in "New Krypton (Part X of X) - Birth of a Nation"
- Agent Liberty (Dies)
- Cat Grant
- Jimmy Olsen
- Jonathan Kent (Flashback only)
- Lana Lang
- Lois Lane
- Martha Kent
- Perry White
- Ron Troupe
- Steve Lombard
- Supergirl (Flashback and main story)
- Lex Luthor
- Sam Lane
- Bizarro Lois Lane
- Captain Marvel (Freddy Freeman)
- Flash (Jay Garrick)
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart)
- Justice Society of America
- Wonder Woman
- Zor-El (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "New Krypton (Part X of X) - Birth of a Nation"
At Project 7734, General Sam Lane and Lex Luthor examine the remains of Doomsday. Although both men seek Superman's destruction, Lex would just as soon dispose of him quickly, while Lane wants Superman's demise to be slow and painful.
At New Krypton, the heroes of Earth fight against the Kryptonians loyal to Alura In-Ze (which are nearly all of them). Supergirl ceases her attack against her cousin. She apologizes for hitting him, citing that she was only trying to protect her mother. The other heroes are assisted by Earth's magical community. Captain Marvel speaks the magic word "Shazam" backwards (Mazahs) which generates a tremendous bolt of lightning that strikes not him, but rather, all of the Kryptonians in his immediate vicinity. As all Kryptonians are susceptible to magic, they lose their ability to fly. Zatanna makes sure that they safely reach the ground.
Realizing that the battle may soon be lost, Alura activates the program that she has been working on. Using reverse-engineered elements of Brainiac's Brainiac Probes, she uproots all of New Krypton and a sizable volume of ice beneath it. The heroes quickly evacuate as a protective dome covers the city. The city floats up into outer space and takes position in geosynchronous orbit around the sun - on the opposite side of Earth's orbital path. The Sunstone lattice that makes up the city's architecture, grows and forms a spherical planetoid beneath New Krypton. For now, the threat of the Kryptonians appears to be abated.
Back on Earth, Agent Liberty sneaks into Project 7734 where Lane and Luthor are conducting their experiments with Doomsday and Brainiac. His presence is discovered, and twin beams of heat vision pierce his skull, killing him. His murderer is the new Superwoman.
On New Krypton, Supergirl elects to stay behind to be with her mother. She doesn't condone Alura's actions, but feels that she needs to be with her family. Alura promises that Kara will restore honor to the House of El. When Kara leaves, Alura meets with a group of loyal Kryptonians and assures them that Kara will make a fine soldier. She is speaking to General Zod, Ursa and Non.
- This book was first published on January 14, 2009.
- Issue shipped on January 14th, 2009.
- This issue is chapter ten of "New Krypton" storyline.
- This issue is a "Faces of Evil" spotlight issue. Original solicitations for this issue, however, featured an alternate cover with Bizarro.
- In the previous chapter, Alan Scott was wearing his Kingdom Come armor, but in this issue he's back to his traditional costume.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 873 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 873
Links and References
- No external links.
New Krypton Crossover
|Faces of Evil Crossover |
This issue is a Faces of Evil special, part of a larger loosely connected event highlighting the villains of the DC Universe. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Faces of Evil category.