"The Sleepers (Part IV)": In New Mexico, two Kryptonian sleeper agents, Az-Rel and Nadira, continue to leave a path of destruction in their wake. A group of police officers track them to a house, but the Kryptonians savagely murder the
- ... I want those spies caught, interrogated, and broken... and I don't care how.
- -- General Lane
Appearing in "The Sleepers (Part IV)"
Synopsis for "The Sleepers (Part IV)"
In New Mexico, two Kryptonian sleeper agents, Az-Rel and Nadira, continue to leave a path of destruction in their wake. A group of police officers track them to a house, but the Kryptonians savagely murder them with their powers.
Elsewhere, General Sam Lane sends his Project 7734 team to the Fortress of Solitude to survey the site for signs of Nightwing. All they find is evidence of a fight and the dead body of Kryptonian sleeper agent Tor-An. They acquire some of Lor-Zod's DNA and determine that he is the same boy that was once under Superman's protection. General Lane can not explain the accelerated aging however. Their monitoring station captures video surveillance footage of two Kryptonians streaking off in New Mexico. Lane suspects them to be Flamebird and Nightwing when in truth it is really Az-Rel and Nadira.
Nightwing eventually returns to Lois' apartment and Flamebird and he suit up. They fly to New Mexico where they encounter Az-Rel and Nadira. They fight against one another, trading power punches for heat vision blasts, but the battle is interrupted when Codename: Assassin arrives on the scene accompanied by a horde of green-skinned monsters.
- Issue shipped on June 10th, 2009.
- This issue is navigation number 29/2009.
- Issue includes a five-page preview of Justice League: A Cry for Justice #1.
- Az-Rel and Nadira are named for the first time in this issue. They made their first appearance in Action Comics #877.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 878 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 878
Links and References
- No external links.