"The Sleepers (Part V)": Codename: Assassin is overjoyed to meet four Kryptonians rather than the two he had expected and instructs his army to attack. They do but Az-Rel and Nadira are able to flee as Thara is temporarily overwhelmed and Nightwing chase
- Tell you what, I'll make you a deal... when we kill him, I'll make sure you're watching --
Appearing in "The Sleepers (Part V)"
- Alura-El (Flashback only)
- Commander Gor (Flashback only)
- Supergirl (Flashback only)
- Ursa (Flashback only)
- Zor-El (Flashback only)
- Brainiac Probes (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Sleepers (Part V)"
Codename: Assassin is overjoyed to meet four Kryptonians rather than the two he had expected and instructs his army to attack. They do but Az-Rel and Nadira are able to flee as Thara is temporarily overwhelmed and Nightwing chases after the sleepers.
With her helmet removed in the struggle Assassin reads her mind. He learns of Alura, Zor, Kara, the sleepers plot, the church, Ursa, Chris Kent, Brainiac, a magic flower and a phoenix. Chris interests him most of all and Assassin smugly promises to kill Chris in front of Thara. This manifests the hidden power within her and she becomes Flamebird herself - the real one. She kills the army of orc things and rushes to find her soulmate.
Assassin radios in to Project 7734 that there have been developments in the mission but in the meantime we catch up to the two sleepers and their fight with Nightwing.
Az-Rel reveals that in legend one of the duo of Nightwing and Flamebird will die for the love of the other. Chris shrugs the legend off and races to save a falling bridge - again the sleepers use the confusion to escape and Thara now normal again arrives to help. The two give chase when they realize Nadira and Az-Rel have fled.
Lois Lane stands in Arlington National Cemetery, at the grave of her father. Another of her celebrity friends, Mon-El, arrives and Lois asks him to scan the grave. The body in the grave is almost identical to that of the real Sam Lane but the parties responsible for creating a duplicate forgot to count his teeth. Lois knows her dad has twenty eight teeth and thus it dawns on her finally that her father is still alive...
Sam Lane in the 7734 base is mighty hacked off at the performance of his team until Assassin reminds him that Thara was possessed be something powerful. Sam reminds his cohorts that 7734 is not to be made public yet and that's when he notices Mirabai has vanished. She reappears and leads Sam to the basement where she rewards her boss with two hostages... somehow she has captured Az-Rel and Nadira.
To Be Continued...
Appearing in "Captain Atom, Chapter One"
- Lord Gadrey (First appearance)
- Royard (First appearance)
- Wodan (First appearance)
- Justice League Europe (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Captain Atom, Chapter One"
Captain Atom finds himself trapped in some European-like country during Medieval times. A king rallies his soldiers to establish a perimeter and then has them open fire on Captain Atom. One of the warriors refers to Atom as the "Arrow of the Forlorn", but the hero has no idea what this means. He begins having flashbacks of the time he spent in the JLE. The flashbacks causes Captain Atom to lapse into unconsciousness in which the warrior takes his chance to attack him.
- Issue shipped on July 15th, 2009.
- This issue is navigation number 33/2009.
- Flamebird demonstrates pyrokinetic abilities for the first time in this issue.
- First Captain Atom back-up feature.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 879 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 879
Links and References
- Action Comics at Wikipedia
- Action Comics series index at DC Indexes
- Action Comics series index at DCU Guide
- Action Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Action Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database Project