"Planet Heist (Part I)": Adam Strange is in a police precinct being interrogated by two detectives who claim to have found him at the epicenter of a destroyed building. Adam tries to tell them how he came to be there, but they have difficulty believing his "[[Space R
- Looks like I'm back in business! Now to get some answers... and I think I know just where to start -- assuming I live that long!
- -- Adam Stange
Appearing in "Planet Heist (Part I)"
- Adam Strange (Flashback and main story)
- Alanna Strange(Flashback only)
- Aleea Strange(Flashback only)
- Sardath(Flashback only)
- Superman(Flashback only)
- Sh'ri Valkyr (Behind the scenes)
- Unnamed bounty hunter #1 (First appearance)
- Unnamed bounty hunter #2 (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Planet Heist (Part I)"
Adam Strange is in a police precinct being interrogated by two detectives who claim to have found him at the epicenter of a destroyed building. Adam tries to tell them how he came to be there, but they have difficulty believing his "Space Ranger" tales.
He tells them how he has been trying to return to his adopted world of Rann, but has been unable to make contact with the Zeta-Beam that usually transports him there. Finally, he sought the aid of Superman who flew out to Rann, but when he returned, informed him that Rann’s star had gone supernova and that Rann was now destroyed.
The detectives are ready to send Adam to Arkham Asylum. Adam breaks out of his cuffs and runs. As luck would have it however, two alien hunters come to Earth gunning for Adam Strange. They chase him throughout the city until finally Adam manages to get a hold of two Rannian energy weapons and a jet-pack. He takes care of his pursuers and flies off into the night.
- This book was first published on September 29, 2004.
- This issue is reprinted in the Adam Strange: Planet Heist trade paperback.
- Flashback sequences take place six months prior to the main story.
- A GCPD officer sarcastically refers to Adam Strange as "Space Ranger". Space Ranger was another 1950s sci-fi character who, like Adam Strange, was predominently featured in the original Mystery in Space title.
- Detective Nowlan is possibly named after artist Kevin Nowlan.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adam Strange Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adam Strange series
- Adam Strange (Volume 1)
- Mystery in Space (Volume 1)
- Mystery in Space (Volume 2)
- Omega Men (Volume 1)
- Omega Men (Volume 2)
- Rann-Thanagar War
- Rann-Thanagar: Holy War
Links and References
- No external links.