During World War I, a young Hitler, still a corporal in the German Army, along with Stalin and a young Asian man, visited Anton Arcane during his early experiments in re-animating the dead. Still later, Anton Arcane claimed to have manipulated Hitler into inciting WW II as a means of acquiring corpses to experiment upon.
Spear of Destiny
In 1940, Hitler acquired the powerful mystical artifact known as the Spear of Destiny . He used it to try to kill Green Lantern (Alan Scott) and the Flash (Jay Garrick). The attempt was unsuccessful due to the timely intervention of the Spectre (Jim Corrigan).
In 1941, Hitler allied himself with the Dragon King, creating a mystic barrier around German and Japanese territories. This barrier successfully protected them from the intervention of any magic based superhero.
Near the end of the war, Hitler attempted to use the Spear of Destiny to link the fate of the Nordic gods' Ragnarok to that of the universe. Immediately following the events of the Crisis On Infinite Earths, the mystical power of the Spectre, who was lying dormant following his battle with the Anti-Monitor, was tapped into by the Spear in 1945 as Hitler cast the spell, and the universe was destroyed through time as the Nordic gods lost the Ragnarok. Dr. Fate transported the Justice Society members of that present time to Asgard of 1945 to change the course of the Ragnarok to keep the universe from being destroyed. As a result of the change, Hitler discovered that his plans were defeated.
During the Battle of Berlin, the Unknown Soldier is sent on a mission to stop a Nazi super-weapon, vampiric octopuses called "Nosferatu". On April 29, 1945, he infiltrated Hitler's bunker, killing him and assuming the dictator's identity in order to call off the weapon's deployment. He then made Hitler's death look like a suicide.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Occultism: Adolf Hitler was an amateur occultist who possessed a small degree of mystical prowess and intuition.
- Tactical Analysis: Hitler was an expert political strategist and tactician.
- Artistry: He was also schooled in the fields of writing and painting. While serving time in prison, Hitler wrote a best selling autobiography entitled Mein Kampf (English translation: My Struggle or My Fight).
At the height of his career, Hitler possessed the strength of a middle-aged man who engaged in moderate regular exercise.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- This character is a fictional representations of Adolf Hitler, a real person. More information on this person can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- The Marvel Comics version of Hitler led a similar career to the real world Hitler, but suffered a completely different fate -- the original Human Torch killed Hitler in self defence, inside of Hitler's Berlin Bunker. A Nazi scientist named Arnim Zola cloned Hitler’s body and the clone resurfaced years later to plague the Fantastic Four as the Hate-Monger.
- In the parallel dimension known as Earth-50, The Authority member, the Midnighter, traveled backwards in time to kill Adolf Hitler as a young corporal. He failed in this endeavor, but met Hitler again in April of 1945 and witnessed the Fuhrer take his own life.
- On Terra Obscura, Hitler was killed by Captain Future, Science Hero.
- In JSA: The Golden Age, Hitler's brain was transplanted into the body of Daniel Dunbar prior to its transformation into Dynaman.
- Despite the fact Adolf Hitler was and is a real man, he can be considered a different person in New Earth, as history was rewritten during the Crisis. Another person differently displayed is Ronald Reagan, who disliked metahumans.
- 78 Appearances of Adolf Hitler (New Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Adolf Hitler (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Adolf Hitler (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Adolf Hitler (New Earth)
- Adolf Hitler (New Earth) at Wikipedia.org
- Hitler at DCU Guide
- Adolf Hitler at the Marvel Database Wikia
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.