"New Krypton (Part III of X) - The Worst Night of His Life": Jimmy Olsen visits the home of Jim Harper, the retired super-hero once known as Guardian. Jimmy tells him about Codename: Assassin and the rec
- The man I was cloned from... the original Jim Harper. The original Guardian. Calling him my father allows me the patina -- you might argue the delusion -- of my own humanity.
- -- Guardian
Appearing in "New Krypton (Part III of X) - The Worst Night of His Life"
Synopsis for "New Krypton (Part III of X) - The Worst Night of His Life"
Jimmy Olsen visits the home of Jim Harper, the retired super-hero once known as Guardian. Jimmy tells him about Codename: Assassin and the recent murder of Dubbilex and the Newsboy Legion. He also tells him Codename: Assassin's real name, Jonathan Drew.
Harper speaks philosophically about being a clone and ponders whether or not a clone has a soul. He further tells Jimmy about an alien being he encountered at Project Cadmus' Salem facility that was wearing a strange ring. He had also found the cloning banks which contained grotesque amalgamations of Jim Harper clones combined with DNA taken from Paul Kirk. Jimmy concludes his interview and leaves.
Harper collects his daughter Gwendoline and get into their truck. Now that he has a name to connect to Codename: Assassin, he drives towards Metropolis to get his revenge.
- This book was first published on November 5, 2008.
- This issue is chapter three of the "New Krypton" saga.
- The events from this issue take place between pages #53-54 of Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen (Volume 2) #1. Continues in Action Comics #871.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventure Comics Special Featuring Guardian Vol 1 1 on the forums
Links and References
- No external links.
New Krypton Crossover