Appearing in "The Super Sacrifice of the Legionnaires!"
- Legion of Super-Heroes
- Proty (Dies)
- Space Creatures
- Lightning Rods (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Super Sacrifice of the Legionnaires!"
When Superboy finds a world where the sun restores the people to life, it encourages him to go to the Legion and try to find a way to restore their deceased comrade, Lightning Lad to life.
After scouring the universe for different ways to restore Lightning Lad to life, the Legion cannot find a method that works. Traveling to his home world of Daxam with Saturn Girl, Mon-El comes up with another method. Bringing the Legion back to the Lightning World where Lightning Lad's body is kept, the shows them a special lightning rod which when struck by lightning would cause the life force from one being to transfer into another, restoring the dead body to life. With all the Legion members wanting to give their all to revive Lightning Lad, they all agree to hold a rod, leaving the choice of who will sacrifice their life to fate. However, when the a bolt seemingly strike Saturn Girl, the Legion are shocked to find that it was really Chameleon Boy's pet Proty in disguise. However, in spite of who sacrificed himself, Lightning Lad is restored to life. When the real Saturn Girl catches up with the Legion, she explains that as Proty was also a telepath, the creature learned of Saturn Girl's intention to sacrifice herself to restore Lightning Lad, and sacrificed itself in her place. With the truth revealed, the Legion takes a moment to mourn the loss of Proty.
Appearing in "Lana Lang, Hollywood Star!"
- Jonathan Kent
- Martha Kent
- Lewis Lang
- Sarah Lang
- Mr. Jordan (Single appearance)
- Ron Rendle (Single appearance)
- Gaston (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Lana Lang, Hollywood Star!"
When Superboy helps Lana Lang out in the jungle, it results in an offer for her to play a jungle princess in a Hollywood film. He wangles his way into the production and helps mess things up to prevent her from getting a swelled head.
- The events of this issue would later play a role in the back story of the Lightning Saga.
- "The Super Sacrifice of the Legionnaires!" is reprinted in Adventure Comics #403, Adventure Comics #500, Legion of Super-Heroes Archives Vol. 2 and Showcase Presents: Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventure Comics Vol 1 312 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventure Comics series
- Images from Adventure Comics Vol 1 312
Links and References
- No external links.