"Supergirl: "The Super-Cheat"": An International Athletic Competition is being held in California, and Supergirl has learned that two Ionian agents intend to use any means necessary to stop American athletes from winning, so that Ionia may score an athletic and pr
- Only one thing to do! I'll take the place of the Stanhope champions at the International Athletic competition, to protect them from harm! Then I'll wait for the Ionians to strike!
Appearing in Supergirl: "The Super-Cheat"
- Ionian Agents (Single appearance)
- Betty (Single appearance)
- Gretchen (Single appearance)
- Sue (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Supergirl: "The Super-Cheat"
An International Athletic Competition is being held in California, and Supergirl has learned that two Ionian agents intend to use any means necessary to stop American athletes from winning, so that Ionia may score an athletic and propaganda victory. Thus, Linda Danvers uses her super-powers (and Comet) to triumph over her rivals in preliminary bouts of track, swimming, and horse-jumping. Once at the games, Linda wins two of the three events, using only as much skill as her rivals from Stanhope College possessed. But she has to take a loss when struck by an electric bolt in the swimming competition, or be suspected of being Supergirl. Later, she tricks the Ionians into exposing their hand in public, captures them, and explains (as Supergirl) to her three college competitors that Linda had some super-aid to win the contests. The three girls are allowed to compete in a make-up round of the games, to be held later.
Appearing in Supergirl: "Supergirl's Lost Costume!"
- Dale Baxter (Single appearance)
- Foxy (Single appearance)
- Jane Wesley (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Supergirl: "Supergirl's Lost Costume!"
TV producer Dale Baxter cooks up a scheme to discover which girl at Stanhope College is Supergirl so that he may expose it to the world in a top-selling TV special. His gimmicks include electrified belt-buckles, a barbell weighing half a ton, and costumes chemically treated to burst into flame at a certain time, except if neutralized by sweat--and, since super-beings presumably do not sweat, Supergirl's will be the only costume aflame. Linda Danvers checks him at every opportunity, with each scheme costing Baxter a lot of bucks.
His final scheme costs him all his remaining money, and nearly gets him in trouble for attempted manslaughter. But Supergirl believes that bankruptcy and a busted ego are enough problems for Baxter at the moment.
- This book was first published on February 24, 1970.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventure Comics Vol 1 392 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventure Comics series
- Supergirl Recommended Reading