Adventures of Superman was the first television series featuring Superman. The series, which was syndicated rather than being tied to a network, began filming in 1951, and first aired on September 19, 1952. The final first-run episode was broadcast on April 28, 1958. George Reeves starred as Clark Kent/Superman, with Phyllis Coates as the original Lois Lane. In 1953, Noel Neill, who had previously played Lois in two serials, replaced Coates from the second season onward. Jack Larson played Jimmy Olsen and John Hamilton was Perry White. Robert Shayne played the semi-regular character Inspector Henderson of the Metropolis Police Department.
- George Reeves as Superman
- Phyllis Coates as Lois Lane (Season 1)
- Noel Neill as Lois Lane (Seasons 2-6)
- Jack Larson as Jimmy Olsen
- John Hamilton as Perry White