- Maybe we can fall for each other again some day. Gotta rush, handsome.
- -- Cat Grant
Appearing in "Man O'War"
- Bill Henderson (First appearance)
- Cat Grant (First appearance)
- Elinore Lane (First appearance)
- Emil Hamilton (First appearance)
- Jimmy Olsen
- Lois Lane
- Lucy Lane
- Perry White
- Sam Lane (First appearance)
- The Freedom League
- Lex Luthor
- Abu (Single appearance)
- Lilya (Single appearance)
- McGregor (Single appearance)
- Mister Johnson (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Man O'War"
Meanwhile, Quraci nationalists acquire a high-tech battle tank and use it to stage several terrorist attacks throughout Metropolis including, bombing City Hall. Superman flies in and makes quick work of the tank. The identities of the nationalists are unknown as is the means by which they came upon the technology.
Lois Lane's mother, Elinore, is dying from radiation sickness that she acquired during a chemical explosion at her employers, Lexchem. Lex Luthor offers Lois a serum that Elinore must take monthly to survive in exchange for Lois going to dinner with him. What Lois doesn't know is that Luthor in fact staged the chemical accident and is using Lois' dying mother as a bartering tool by which to control her.
- This issue was reprinted in Superman: Man of Steel Vol. 2.
- The numbering sequence for this series continues from Superman (Volume 1). This is the premiere issue under the title Adventures Of Superman.
- The cover features Superman standing before a Metropolis skyline, however two of the skyscrapers shown are obviously meant to represent the World Trade Center towers, another clear indicator that Metropolis is meant to reflect New York City.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 424 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
Links and References
- Adventures of Superman at Wikipedia
- Adventures of Superman series index at DCU Guide
- Adventures of Superman series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database Project