"Going the Gauntlet": The second part of the story from Adventures Of Superman #424, it is now told from Professor Hamilton's point of view. He has been trying to patent his force-field generator, but has run into some difficulties: particularly strong-armed tac
- It doesn't matter who she is or what she's done. I'll do what I have to do to save her.
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Going the Gauntlet"
- Emil Hamilton (Flashback and main story)
- Lex Luthor
- The Freedom League (Single appearance) (Flashback only)
- Charles Wilkinson (Single appearance)
- Henry Wyatt (Single appearance)
- Madeline Wade (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Going the Gauntlet"
The second part of the story from Adventures Of Superman #424, it is now told from Professor Hamilton's point of view. He has been trying to patent his force-field generator, but has run into some difficulties: particularly strong-armed tactics from Lex Luthor, who owned the company Hamilton was working for, and in a demonstration to another company as a prospective buyer, sabotage that led to the death of one of the company's executives. Still wishing to prove the effectiveness of his device, Professor Hamilton uses it during Superman's struggle with the Quraci war machines that have now merged into a single fighting machine, trapping Superman inside the field with the war machine. Undeterred, Superman breaks his way inside the machine, where the operators decide to kill themselves with the machine rather than answer any questions. The gathering crowd is grateful for Superman stopping the machine, but pay no attention to Professor Hamilton or to his force-field generator. Now to the point of desperation, Hamilton kidnaps a woman on the street and forces Superman into a dangerous gauntlet while trapping him within the force field. He then sets off a bomb which will kill all people inside the field. Superman uses his body as a shield to protect Hamilton and his hostage from the explosive blast, but it causes him to collapse. The police take Hamilton into custody as he shuts down the field, and he spends his time in prison trying to tell his tale to whoever would listen.
- This issue was reprinted in Superman: The Man of Steel Vol. 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 425 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
Links and References
- Adventures of Superman at Wikipedia
- Adventures of Superman series index at DCU Guide
- Adventures of Superman series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database Project