Appearing in "The Limits of Power"
- Hank Henshaw (First appearance)
- Jim Garrison (Only appearance; dies)
- Steve (Only appearance; dies)
- Terri Henshaw (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Limits of Power"
Hank Henshaw and three other members of the LexCorp space shuttle Excalibur have crash-landed following their exposure to cosmic radiation in space. As a result of the radiation exposure, the human bodies of two crew members were destroyed. However, their minds survived and they were able to construct new bodies out of pure cosmic radiation and bits of earth and the shuttle (homages to the Human Torch and the Thing, respectively). Initially, Henshaw and his wife suffered no ill effects from the radiation and the crew traveled to Metropolis, in the hope of using LexCorp facilities to cure their transformed crewmates. During a brief battle with Superman, the crew member now composed of radiation became unhinged and flew into the sun. By this time, Henshaw's body had begun to rapidly decay while his wife was beginning to phase into an alternate dimension. With Superman's help, Henshaw was able to use the LexCorp facilities to save Terri, but died immediately afterwards. The remaining member of the shuttle crew committed suicide using an MRI booth. Superman brings Terri Henshaw to a mental facility in order for her to recover.
- The story of the team introduced in this issue continues in Adventures of Superman #468, and Superman next appears in Action Comics #653.
- The story interestingly resembles the origin of Marvel's Fantastic Four team, except that it takes a rather tragic turn for its participants.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 466 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Images from Adventures of Superman Vol 1 466
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Supermanica Homepage
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes