"Death-Trap!": Having concluded that the body found in Superman's tomb is that of the Man of Steel, Professor Hamilton now wants to examine the real Superman. Superman agrees to the tests, but then sidesteps the issue by responding to a simpl
Appearing in "Death-Trap!"
- purse snatcher
- purse snatcher's victim
- Tom & his partner (Metropolis Police)
- Dr. Kitty Faulkner
- Carla Draper
- Joey & other workers at the Steel Foundry
Synopsis for "Death-Trap!"
Having concluded that the body found in Superman's tomb is that of the Man of Steel, Professor Hamilton now wants to examine the real Superman. Superman agrees to the tests, but then sidesteps the issue by responding to a simple purse-snatching (at which the police are present). Conduit has been moved to a new cell at S.T.A.R. Labs, where specialist Carl Draper assures Dr. Kitty Faulkner that he will have an unbreakable prison for the villain in 36 hours. Clark finds himself too distracted to finish his dinner with Lois Lane and departs, pondering the meaning of the authentic body found in his tomb.
While flying, he is attacked by a small electronic device, which surrounds him with an energy field. A new villain, Deathtrap, informs the hero that the field is airtight and will soon suffocate him. Appearing only by hologram, Deathtrap taunts the Man of Steel as he fails again and again to break through the force field. Finally, Superman succeeds by flying into a blast furnace, but has no idea who was behind the attack.
While spying on her father, Carla Draper realizes that he is obsessed with the ultimate challenge of trapping Superman.
- Superman navigation number 1994/43
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 517 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
Superman (Volume 2) #94: 1994/42
Action Comics #704: 1994/44