"Title Bout!": Superman has agreed to serve as referee for a boxing match between two Stryker's Island inmates, both of whom have utilized the code-name of Bloodsport in the past: Alex Trent and [[Robert DuBois (New Earth)|Bobbby
- First sign of trouble -- someone goes out on a stretcher. And it won't be me.
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Title Bout!"
- Danny (a cameraman)
- Ross Chapman (a reporter)
Synopsis for "Title Bout!"
Superman has agreed to serve as referee for a boxing match between two Stryker's Island inmates, both of whom have utilized the code-name of Bloodsport in the past: Alex Trent and Bobbby DuBois. Superman doesn't like the role he is playing in this game, but the prison's warden has convinced him that allowing this match is the only way to let the inmates vent their frustration without causing a riot.
Before the fight can even get underway, Alex Trent finds a way to activate his teleportation powers so that he can teleport a Toastmaster into the cell. As Superman reacts to the sudden appearance of the weapon, a riot breaks out. In the confusion, convicted serial killer Ramsey Murdoch murders a guard, takes his uniform and escapes.
Trent and DuBois continue to try and kill one another. DuBois gets the drop on his opponent and disarms him. He uses the Toastmaster to blast a hole in the prison wall and runs for freedom. Several armed men in the watchtower gun him down before he can get to the edge of the island. Alex Trent is returned to his cell, but is attacked later by members of the Aryan Nation who set his prison cell on fire.
Later, Lois Lane covers the story on the prison riot, while Cat Grant breaks the news about Ramsey Murdoch's escape. Vincent Edge is so impressed with Grant's diligence that he names her executive producer of the entire GBS news division.
- This issue is Superman navigation number 32/1995.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 526 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Superman (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Adventures of Superman series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
Superman (Volume 2) #103: 1995/31
Action Comics #713: 1995/33